Home

How will madden 13 represent QB Brandon Weeden far as age

This is a discussion on How will madden 13 represent QB Brandon Weeden far as age within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #33
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How will madden 13 represent QB Brandon Weeden far as age

That is only true if you play as someone already in the game. However, any CREATED players will be deleted upon retirement.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Older players should also progress in some areas as well. The QB might lose arm strength but gain awareness and accuracy. A linebacker will lose speed but gain pursuit and play recognition.

As it has been said many times, "Sure that kid is young, but can he play?!?"
I've always wished ratings would develop like this. Some skills are easier to pick up/maintain when younger and some are developed more easily/typically with experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Kind of off topic I guess but with players ages it would be cool to have Madden correctly account for birthdays. As it is now players age during the progression period.
Like this idea, too. Would add another layer of depth to development if the ages impacted development even if it happened during the season - but of course, we'd need mid-season development or better yet, no "set" time for development, but players can change and shift at any time.

Last edited by KBLover; 06-16-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
I'm still trying to find out how he was eligible to play in college.
There are no age restrictions. If you are accepted into an NCAA school, you can play if you make the team. There are also no restrictions in terms of scholarships.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by marginwalker12
"As to griefing, I was reassured by Looman that human players will not be able to forcibly retire superstars in their league in order to lower the competition or thin out a free agency pool. You may retire at any point as a real player or coach—he will still remain in the league, and will perform as a CPU-controlled entity, until retiring according to the game's career-length logic."
that quote is addressing players already in the league. in your previous post you seemed to be talking about creating a player and as PioneerRaptor said which has also been confirmed by devs and game changers alike if you retire as a created player that player will be deleted from your career.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez859
I get that but given the circumstances I believe it would be unfair to the players who play franchise mode with the browns, here u have a quarterback who could play maybe 8-10 season regardless of his age but yet in madden it may change that to more like 3-5 season just don't sit with me all to well considering he is a 1st rd pick and possibly a franchise quarterback
So? You think the Browns are any different IRL?
Old 06-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I've always wished ratings would develop like this. Some skills are easier to pick up/maintain when younger and some are developed more easily/typically with experience.

Like this idea, too. Would add another layer of depth to development if the ages impacted development even if it happened during the season - but of course, we'd need mid-season development or better yet, no "set" time for development, but players can change and shift at any time.
The way I always envisioned ratings was in two tiers: Physical and Mental.

Physical skills are more or less set exiting college, with VERY small year over year bumps (barring an offseason program at least). Once you cross an age threshold, however, those skills will start to go into an accelerating decline.

Mental skills go up RAPIDLY the first few years in the league, but almost all rookies are low in those skills anyway. These skills go up depending on the overall intelligence of the player (*gasp*, I just made GPA matter!), the Head Coach, and the specific position coach the player plays under. Suddenly, coaches are FAR more important under this scheme, as you have to balance player growth with actual coaching ability (very few coaches do both well). This allows situations where a mid-tier player can leave a system, go under a better coach, and get one last big ratings boost as he learns to do things correctly (say, a low/mid 70 jumping to a low/mid 80 after a year or two with a better coach).

Injuries, of course, have lasting impacts on a player. A player who blows his ACL looses some of his physical attributes, but is also more likely to suffer farther leg injuries. Its a shame no sports game has career long injury tacking yet...

Thats how I envision ratings working anyways...
Old 06-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #39
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
He would be 40+ if he played as long as Luck or RG3. So in terms of realism, I would hope he would not be able to play that long. Just as in real life, the dude will see decline when he hits his 30's (how late in 30's idk)
Steve Young set NFL records at 35, and his best two years were at 34-35 and 37-38, respectfully. I would say he is a similar case since he didn't get to start in San Francisco until after 4 years as Montana's backup. He did, however, get injured a lot, even if his skills did not decline as he aged (in fact he got better as he aged).
Old 06-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #40
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Steve Young set NFL records at 35, and his best two years were at 34-35 and 37-38, respectfully. I would say he is a similar case since he didn't get to start in San Francisco until after 4 years as Montana's backup. He did, however, get injured a lot, even if his skills did not decline as he aged (in fact he got better as he aged).
His stats were better, but I'm sure he was physically regressing. That's why excellent stats shouldn't equal progression in ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »