Home

Proof that motion blur isn't a gimmick

This is a discussion on Proof that motion blur isn't a gimmick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #73
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Wait I'm confused I thought that you couldn't see the motion blur while you're actually playing. I thought you could only see when looking like at a replay or something.
No, the camera supports motion blur in gameplay and replay. It's more noticeable when a moving image is paused like in replay.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #74
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Proof that motion blur isn't a gimmick

Motion blur was in 08 or 09 (can't remember), and it was a pain then. Quite frankly, at this stage of the game I would be embarrassed to reintroduce any feature that was dropped this gen if I was a Tiburon dev. Yes motion blur from a recording of a live event is present, but when you are watching live, there is no blur and that is what madden is supposed to represent a live broadcast, not a recording of a live broadcast. If it is subtle and not done with the zoom in like watching the FLASH or Superman then ok, but when you make the player appear to be making the millenium falcon lightspeed jump that's where you get gimmicky...quite plainly Madden this gen has been nothing but gimmicky.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 05-08-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #75
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I went and read the little wikipedia page on motion blur, it makes sense to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_blur

It might help diminish what I thought were a lack of transitional animations and help some player movements look smoother. I am pretty sure it can't hurt, lol.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 05-08-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #76
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

People are saying it is a gimmick only because its in Madden? I think it will make a nice change as long as its not overdone.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #77
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Motion blur was in 08 or 09 (can't remember), and it was a pain then. Quite frankly, at this stage of the game I would be embarrassed to reintroduce any feature that was dropped this gen if I was a Tiburon dev. Yes motion blur from a recording of a live event is present, but when you are watching live, there is no blur and that is what madden is supposed to represent a live broadcast, not a recording of a live broadcast. If it is subtle and not done with the zoom in like watching the FLASH or Superman then ok, but when you make the player appear to be making the millenium falcon lightspeed jump that's where you get gimmicky...quite plainly Madden this gen has been nothing but gimmicky.
Basically, if you are watching a game on TV (which is what madden attempts to replicate), you're going to see blur. It's a function of the camera.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #78
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
You're funny. A "broadcast" means you're watching it on TV.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #79
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
If Madden this gen had been nothing but gimmicky we'd be playing some sort of hybrid of Tecmo Super Bowl and NFL Blitz. Madden last gen was far more gimmicky. Heck, every year the game was based around one HUGE gimmick. Playmaker, Hit Stick, Vision Cone, etc.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #80
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees_CT
I was thinking the same thing. Don't get me wrong I like the effect I just hope it's not over done in the final product. It may actually take away from the visuals if it's too dramatic.

You mean like the fuzzy grass that is only there on replays and looks like it hasn't been cut for 2 months?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »