Home

Proof that motion blur isn't a gimmick

This is a discussion on Proof that motion blur isn't a gimmick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #25
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Proof that motion blur isn't a gimmick

Exactly the trailer I was talking about JP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #26
Rookie

Jaaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Just give me the option to turn it off, and I will gladly applaud EA for this. I have nothing wrong with attempting innovation. I encourage it. But again, give me the option to turn it off, because if I find I don't like how it's done and I'm forced to put up with it, I'm going to be reaaaaaaaaaaally pissed off.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaa
Just give me the option to turn it off, and I will gladly applaud EA for this. I have nothing wrong with attempting innovation. I encourage it. But again, give me the option to turn it off, because if I find I don't like how it's done and I'm forced to put up with it, I'm going to be reaaaaaaaaaaally pissed off.
I mean it's not like you can see it during gameplay so I dont see how pissed off you can really get from a replay.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #28
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Unless you are one of those guys like apex or something who goes and analyzes every replay frame by frame I bet it will barely even be that noticeable. I highly doubt there will be an option to turn it off, that would be like being able to turn off Hdr lighting or something.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #29
Rookie

Jaaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
I mean it's not like you can see it during gameplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
it will barely even be that noticeable
I apologize for commenting on something I hadn't fully grasped yet. But I must be confused. It's not going to be implemented into the actual gameplay? Seriously? Then what the hell is it for? And what am I supposed to call it if not another typical "EA gimmick"?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #30
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaa
I apologize for commenting on something I hadn't fully grasped yet. But I must be confused. It's not going to be implemented into the actual gameplay? Seriously? Then what the hell is it for? And what am I supposed to call it if not another typical "EA gimmick"?
It's a subtlety. The only way it would be really noticeable is if it was way overdone. It's supposed to be one of those things where it's noticeable without being too obvious. It will make the game look smoother and be most noticeable from a replay aspect. It's not gimmicky because it's not like they're making motion blur up. It's real. If they took it way over the top and guys looked like they were running one-hundred miles an hour, then it would be a gimmick.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 8

I agree with the "un-HDing" or "non-HDing" comment or w/e was said earlier. I was over a buddies house who didn't have an HD tv and it looked exactly like last gen madden. It was really fun to play because you couldn't notice weird little animations. Everything just looked much smoother because it was "blurry". I went home that night and turned the HD off on my xbox so I could play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #32
Rookie

Jaaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's a subtlety. The only way it would be really noticeable is if it was way overdone. It's supposed to be one of those things where it's noticeable without being too obvious. It will make the game look smoother and be most noticeable from a replay aspect. It's not gimmicky because it's not like they're making motion blur up. It's real. If they took it way over the top and guys looked like they were running one-hundred miles an hour, then it would be a gimmick.
Fair enough. I'll just leave it at me and you define gimmick differently

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »