Home

Big Board for Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Big Board for Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Big Board for Franchise Mode

hc09 had a lot of good features, 06 was harder, some prospects you had to scout multiple times during the season. in reality madden draft/scouting needs to be better but hc06/09 wasnt perfect either

i dont think it will be inproved at all this year
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

Msdm27... have you ever played 2k5? what it had was a bigboard outside of the draft. When you get to the draft, there were zero projections for players. They were sorted alphabetically by first name (originally) but you could sort by combine statistics as well. This way scouting actually matters. if you scout that guy who is a 'projected 6th rounder' and he is an overall 82 with A potential... don't you think he deserves to go in the first round?

Sure there is the rumor mill (mock draft) that has some teams selecting certain players... but besides the top players, those projections are almost never accurate. I would love to see multiple fictional mock drafts in franchise and maybe we could use those projections to make our board. I am sure every single GM would trust their own scouting of a player rather than the media's projections.

2k5 did have an area where you could ask for a suggestion from your board or whatever which sort of gives you players whose value is similar to your selection slot.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
Msdm27... have you ever played 2k5? what it had was a bigboard outside of the draft. When you get to the draft, there were zero projections for players. They were sorted alphabetically by first name (originally) but you could sort by combine statistics as well. This way scouting actually matters. if you scout that guy who is a 'projected 6th rounder' and he is an overall 82 with A potential... don't you think he deserves to go in the first round?

Sure there is the rumor mill (mock draft) that has some teams selecting certain players... but besides the top players, those projections are almost never accurate. I would love to see multiple fictional mock drafts in franchise and maybe we could use those projections to make our board. I am sure every single GM would trust their own scouting of a player rather than the media's projections.

2k5 did have an area where you could ask for a suggestion from your board or whatever which sort of gives you players whose value is similar to your selection slot.
I have played it, and I think it had a very complete and deep franchise mode.

However, to your point... Giving the user the ability to know ALL the ratings of a player before the draft, as far as knowing he is a 82 A POT, would mostly beat the purpose of the draft imo, in terms of "finding diamonds in the rough"

I think it would be very nice to invest time in scouting a projected late round player and thus discover some great and intriguing qualities in him, thus thinking of selecting him earlier.... But from 6th round projection to 1st round pick???? That would be totally unrealistic imo + it would actually be bad strategy on the user's part because you could basically pick him much later and still pick other 1st round projected player.

To me, we shouldn't be able to unlock ALL the ratings of a rookie before drafting him. We should be able to scout them enough to have an idea of whether he'll be good or not.

And you have to remember, finding that 6th round projected 82 A Pot player is basically a crapshoot, a very random event. Because you basically select to scout that specific player just because of a hunch, is not like you get to scout all players available. If you do the work, do the scouting and you figure out he's a hidden gem... Then by all means draft him higher!

That doesn't mean there shouldn't be some sort of general projection for where players will go... that's the essence of finding gems and busts.

I'd love to have a less vague draft projection or big board and then get to work and scout and see which players I value more/less.

Sorry for the long post.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »