Home

OS Roundtable: Our First Impressions of Madden's Features

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Our First Impressions of Madden's Features within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: OS Roundtable: Our First Impressions of Madden's Features

Why do so many people think a real time physics system is needed to correct the player movement? There were no RTP engines on the last gen hardware, and the player movement was 1000 times better. This issue is not fixed intentionally, because there are too many Madden players as opposed to football players.

To the guy who is complaining about people complaining about this... There is an easy solution to getting people to stop complaining about it - FIX IT! It's only been a problem for 8 years. Then again, dots on the helmets and the right socks and face masks are FAR more important around here.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 28
I don't know Jayson Young, but I'd love to send him a case of beer. He's 100% right in his comment at the end.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
I won't be thrilled a bit, because I got disappointed of EA way too many times yet...
Old 05-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #20
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
@Jayson Young: You hit the nail on the head! Very good comment! One of many reasons why "Madden" keeps disappointing me again and again...
Old 05-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #21
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Funny thing is I think Madden 10 was on the right track with the running/movement. Don't know why that was scrapped.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I don't know Jayson Young, but I'd love to send him a case of beer. He's 100% right in his comment at the end.
What's even funnier is that you do. He played in your Madden league this year. Don't you ever check your XBOX friends list for Gamertag changes, lol. It's been quite a while.

Click here if you still don't get it.

Spoiler
Old 05-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #23
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Why do so many people think a real time physics system is needed to correct the player movement? There were no RTP engines on the last gen hardware, and the player movement was 1000 times better. This issue is not fixed intentionally, because there are too many Madden players as opposed to football players.

To the guy who is complaining about people complaining about this... There is an easy solution to getting people to stop complaining about it - FIX IT! It's only been a problem for 8 years. Then again, dots on the helmets and the right socks and face masks are FAR more important around here.
This is the part that concerns me about this issue. I have read a few people from the community that were down at Tiburon testing NCAA 13 say, they are trying to get it tuned more like the player movement in NCAA 11. Watching the video of NCAA 11, it does seem that player movement was tuned better then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ya-x...eature=related

After going back and looking at quite a few videos of NCAA and Madden 11, it seems that locomotion did help those games but needed more tuning. However, after the devs diminished the suction last year, it seems it enhanced the capability of players to zig-zag around contact.

Again, all the people that go down to Tiburon this week, please talk to them about maybe needing to tune the locomotion system, if it's still in there, to properly account for the diminished suction. The only way to make those quick jukes and cuts should be using the right stick, which has an inherent risk/reward because every player can't perform those moves the same and too much right stick movement can have negative effects like falling down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUT3t...eature=related

The "skating" issues aside, it seems some solid tools are there to achieve far more realistic player movement, among other things in Madden already. If the devs would just STOP placing a paramount on only achieving this mythical balance between a realistic challenge and arcade fun in a default mode and gives us two other factory settings too, one for optimal arcade fun, another for optimal realistic challenge, I think that would be far better.

In recap, three factory settings, optimal arcade fun, balanced and optimal realistic challenge, with sliders for User customization. i don't understand what is unreasonable about that or what would make it so difficult to accomplish. It has to take far more time to try to find "balance" then it does the two extremes.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #24
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

I have to again reiterate to everyone that the player movement must be tuned for EVERY PLAYER ON THE FIELD. If they only tune the user and leave the cpu players alone we will be in even more trouble than we are in now.

To anticipate people saying that tuning all 21 other cpu players will give the user a significant advantage, this should be false if it is done correctly, because the play should be even since everyone is going off the same system. The CPU being able to react within .01 of a second to me moving to change direction and both of us being able to zig zag around is a double faulted/flawed system. We need to get this right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »