Home

Madden NFL 13 to Feature Trey Wingo of NFL Live

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 to Feature Trey Wingo of NFL Live within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #73
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 13 to Feature Trey Wingo of NFL Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Same here. I love to watch highlights. I don't see how watching an exciting play seems crazy. I have NFL2K & APF and still watch the highlights and weekly wrap-ups. It puts me in awe every time I watch it because its always something new (as far as weekly highlights) and the dialog fits so well. Me and my friends never skip it when we play, it's a thing of beauty when done right.
Yeah I have to cosign too, Sportscenter seemed fresh every week. Even my friend that couldn't careless about halftime shows, loved to watch the weekly recap. All 3, sometimes 4, of us in a franchise together would gather around to watch the SportsCenter weekly recap. Maybe I was just easier entertained back then but like someone else mentioned, it just seemed so well done and put together.

I am not that disappointed about no actual halftime show because it sounds like what M13 will have could be a good addition. However, if they can add a NFL Live type weekly recap show in M13 with video highlights, I think I would watch that every week.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #74
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yeah I have to cosign too, Sportscenter seemed fresh every week. Even my friend that couldn't careless about halftime shows, loved to watch the weekly recap. All 3, sometimes 4, of us in a franchise together would gather around to watch the SportsCenter weekly recap. Maybe I was just easier entertained back then but like someone else mentioned, it just seemed so well done and put together.

I am not that disappointed about no actual halftime show because it sounds like what M13 will have could be a good addition. However, if they can add a NFL Live type weekly recap show in M13 with video highlights, I think I would watch that every week.
Me too. NFL 2K5's SportsCenter was INSANE!

Also, College Hoops 2K8 had a show called College Hoops Tonight in studio with Greg Gumbel and Clark Kellogg. It was a full blown show recapping last weeks games (with highlights) and previewing the upcoming key matchups. Not to mention Top 25 review, conference standings, and tournament watch. It took a good five minutes to sit through the whole thing.

And I didn't skip it one single time!! Extremely immersive!!!!

So whatever they're doing with Wingo has me very optimistic.

Last edited by statum71; 05-09-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #75
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Me too. NFL 2K5's SportsCenter was INSANE!

Also, College Hoops 2K8 had a show called College Hoops Tonight in studio with Greg Gumbel and Clark Kellogg. It was a full blown show recapping last weeks games (with highlights) and previewing the upcoming key matchups. Not to mention Top 25 review, conference standings, and tournament watch. It took a good five minutes to sit through the whole thing.

And I didn't skip it one single time!! Extremely immersive!!!!

So whatever they're doing with Wingo has me very optimistic.
ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME?! Why would you even mention this Statum when I could have stayed perfectly ignorant about this? lol

Now after going on YouTube to investigate, the bar for the weekly recap show in Madden 13 has been raised. NO VIDEO, NO PEACE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9y7aNwcX50
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #76
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME?! Why would you even mention this Statum when I could have stayed perfectly ignorant about this? lol

Now after going on YouTube to investigate, the bar for the weekly recap show in Madden 13 has been raised. NO VIDEO, NO PEACE!

Man, with the advances in lip-sync that are around today, could you imagine what could be done with either of the old 2k shows? I just hope that Trey isn't just voiceover. That pic in the green room at EA gives me hope. I never buttoned through the recap shows on either of these games. I wouldn't if EA put something together of equal quality using today's tech. I can't wait to see how in depth the Simms/Nantz booth animation goes. That would be a nice gauge as to how they can expand this in the future.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #77
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Yeah man, I just love the potential of something like this. I am really into Online Franchise and with them saying the presentation stuff for NCAA 13 will also be in the Online dynasty, I just keep imagining the possibilities for Madden.

Even if they could only add video for key games each week like MNF, Playoffs and Super Bowl, for Madden 13, that would be a start. It would really make those games stand out and have gamers looking forward to having their highlights or lowlights on display for all to see.

I will stop now before I get too jazzed and they end up having Wingo only doing studio breaks like Reece. lol. That's still an upgrade but it ain't SportsCenter or College Hoops Tonight caliber, imo.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #78
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:

Told ya Homie.....it was off the chain.

Thats why it kills me that these developers today (not just EA) seem to be acting as if a weekly recap show is so difficult to include when we beg for it year after year.

2K did this so splendid. And that was FIVE YEARS ago!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #79
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Told ya Homie.....it was off the chain.

Thats why it kills me that these developers today (not just EA) seem to be acting as if a weekly recap show is so difficult to include when we beg for it year after year.

2K did this so splendid. And that was FIVE YEARS ago!!!!!!!!!
And Western Civilization forgot how to construct large stone buildings with arches and domes for hundreds and in the case of the latter most over 1000 years.

Thus the question is begged, did barbarians sack game development companies and are all remaining developers illiterate in regards to the language of years past? If so it would explain so much of what has happened.

Now we must ask are we entering the renaissance or just the Charlemagne Renaissance?

And they said a degree in history would never come in handy, pshh.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Wow... just wow! If Madden adds this in franchise, it will def bring more life into it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »