Home

Does the Madden NFL 13 Scoreboard Banner Need an Adjustment?

This is a discussion on Does the Madden NFL 13 Scoreboard Banner Need an Adjustment? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Does the Madden NFL 13 Scoreboard Banner Need an Adjustment?

I went on Youtube and looked at the actual CBS banner, so now I see what people are saying. The EA logo is too big, it needs to fit into the bar and probably read "NFLphpNOLaRQPM.jpgEA" (smaller logo the size of the CBS "eye" in that banner though) Then have the down and distance scroll into that spot, like CBS does it, so the banner is not so long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRHlX_d1baw

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 05-09-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #10
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
And remove the big EA logo, they don't have to brand everything...we know it's an EA sports game, no need to brand the scoreboard too, it's very tacky in my opinion...

We know it's Madden and EA sports, they don't have to paste logos all over the darn game with logo of EA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
A least loose the EA logo, totally kills NFL football.
For comparison's sake (in terms of implementation, not direct game-vs-game), both 2K (NBA and MLB) and The Show utilize their logos/game title in their scorebars and people rarely seem to mention it as an issue. The Show in particular is branded all over the place; it's just implemented in a better way than as shown in this Madden 13 screen.

The EA logo is too big, so I would agree with this thought:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Remove or shrink the EA logo to the size of the rest of the scoreboard and move it up.
And this is actually a fantastic idea:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The EA logo is too big, it needs to fit into the bar and probably read "NFLAttachment 44305EA" (smaller logo the size of the CBS "eye" in that banner though) Then have the down and distance scroll into that spot, like CBS does it, so the banner is not so long.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #11
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

It kind of looks it would belong in a Wii version of Madden. Not sure if its the font, the colors, or what but it just doesnt seem to fit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
For comparison's sake (in terms of implementation, not direct game-vs-game), both 2K (NBA and MLB) and The Show utilize their logos/game title in their scorebars and people rarely seem to mention it as an issue.
In 2k on PC at least we mod and completely remove it, because it's annoying...

console players don't complain, because they have to deal with it..same with the show...

But one thing that makes the EA one so annoying, isn't just because it's huge and the biggest thing in the scoreboard, but also because they even put big highlighted lights around it to point it out, 3 on top and 3 on bottom....
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

At least it isn't as ugly as the Madden 12 one. Personally, I prefer a small scorebord in the corner like the NBA on TNT has. Glad steve pointed this out, it always seems like I'm the only person in the world who cares what the scoreboard looks like. Also, every year I've been crossing my fingers for another game to do what NCAA basketball 10 did with multiple, real broadcast packages but no one has yet.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 39

Agreed. It was the first thing I noticed in the gameplay trailer/webcast. Kinda difficult to read also.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #15
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i agree the EA logo part needs to be smaller to bad they couldn't add the ticker for other games like some have said up in corner of other games going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 22

like someone mentioned..they need to give us an option to toggle it from top or bottom ..they do not need a banner at top for scores and a ticker at the bottom..the ticker should alternate with the main scoreboard banner at the bottom ..this would free up a bit of viewing screen as well. I remember a few years back i noticed this and it really stuck out like a sore thumb but i eventually got use to it..i just rather see it at the bottom rotating once in a while with the ticker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »