Home

Madden NFL 13 Partners with NFL Films, Brings Back QB Cadences and More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Partners with NFL Films, Brings Back QB Cadences and More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #41
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Partners with NFL Films, Brings Back QB Cadences and More

The QB cadences sound pretty cool -- I can't recall if those were in back in Feb or not.

Sort of an unpopular idea I'm sure, but with the addition of cadences, I'd like to see false starts/encroachments/offsides penalties trigger automatically off of those cadences.

False starts are routine penalties in the NFL. But if I choose not to fake-snap in Madden, I can go forever without getting a false start called. For the sake of realism, I think that has to be represented better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #42
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

it's always bothered me how altering the timing of my snap has never drawn the defense offside (like it can in NCAA) so i am VERY happy to see this being implemented.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #43
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17
I really am taking the bait with this game. I'm surprised at the low hype score with EA's efforts and their communication with changes that so many people have had on their wish lists.

Damn, I wish Directv would put back GTTV
Old 05-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 0
WTF? Chase I love you lol. I just posted about this a couple of days ago asking were they going to bring back the on field **** talking and cadences from Madden 08. This is great. Thank you.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #45
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The QB cadences sound pretty cool -- I can't recall if those were in back in Feb or not.

Sort of an unpopular idea I'm sure, but with the addition of cadences, I'd like to see false starts/encroachments/offsides penalties trigger automatically off of those cadences.

False starts are routine penalties in the NFL. But if I choose not to fake-snap in Madden, I can go forever without getting a false start called. For the sake of realism, I think that has to be represented better.
I like this idea, but you wanna talk about unpopular. I'm an advocate for taking it a step further, and forcing us to select the snap count at the playcall screen to mimic the quarterback calling it in the huddle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
I really am taking the bait with this game. I'm surprised at the low hype score with EA's efforts and their communication with changes that so many people have had on their wish lists.

Not to derail the thread, but I watched GTTV on the Spike network about a month ago on DirectTV.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #47
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8

I'd guess it's because of their history. It's not as if Tiburon hasn't tried to address the game's issues in the past; every year there are people that document Tiburon's addressing of wishlists. The problem is their implementation. For example, Pro-Tak was supposed to address several of the game's issues but obviously it didn't. They've tried addressing presentation concerns, franchise features, etc. The problem has always been their execution

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #48
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I like this idea, but you wanna talk about unpopular. I'm an advocate for taking it a step further, and forcing us to select the snap count at the playcall screen to mimic the quarterback calling it in the huddle.
Yeah, for the competitive Madden gamer, I know that would be unpopular.

I just don't feel I should have to set a faux house rule to fake snap at least once per play just to have a shot at false start. Inevitably, I forget to do it and bam, I've gone 3-4 games without a false start. Unheard of I would think...

If making false starts automatic is not feasible, then they gotta add some reward to using the fake snap i.e. luring the CPU offsides. That was part of my CD feedback. Otherwise, what good is the fake snap if there is only potential to hurt my team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »