Home

Could this "monumental" change to gameplay be a first person camera view?

This is a discussion on Could this "monumental" change to gameplay be a first person camera view? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #65
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Could this "monumental" change to gameplay be a first person camera view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
I dont believe you prove it.

May 10th
@Shopmaster: @21bird sorry no new playable cameras. #Madden13CD

@jpdavis1982: @Shopmaster @21bird No new playable cameras but have they tuned the bc cam?

May 14th
@Shopmaster please let the devs know how important a custom cam is for the next-gen of consoles...thanx

“@21bird: @Shopmaster please let the devs know how important a custom cam is for the next-gen of consoles...thanx” I will man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #66
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Maybe this madden video will change your minds on your opinions of a First person view I seen nobody mentioned this yet, I thought it would have been in the game by now.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #67
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Maybe this madden video will change your minds on your opinions of a First person view I seen nobody mentioned this yet, I thought it would have been in the game by now.

I definitely could see that in Super Star mode, not sure about regular gameplay modes though.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #68
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

I don't know how if it were implemented as is in the video I posted any could be turned off by that view. I'd be all for it imagine the fun it would add to the defensive side of the ball. I really thought that after seeing that video it was gonna be in madden

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 05-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #69
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Nice post King. So many people seem so resistant to change, even when it's optional. Football is 11v11 not 1v1 but some people are just so stuck on the way most football games have represented a game play view, they refuse to see it any other way. Back Breaker did a nice job of offering a more realistically limited view for User control that inherently places more onus on the team aspect of football.

Having more realistically limited view options for all team sports games would increase the immersion through team dependence, decrease the ability for User exploits and make replays far more important for diagnosing what took place the last play, imo.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #70
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
May 10th
@Shopmaster: @21bird sorry no new playable cameras. #Madden13CD

@jpdavis1982: @Shopmaster @21bird No new playable cameras but have they tuned the bc cam?

May 14th
@Shopmaster please let the devs know how important a custom cam is for the next-gen of consoles...thanx

“@21bird: @Shopmaster please let the devs know how important a custom cam is for the next-gen of consoles...thanx” I will man!
If this is true it really is a shame.Theres no excuses whatsoever that no one at ea ever implemented/thought about user defined cams.Diffrent playable camera views are the basics of any sports game in todays tech.Wow I tell you; ea is light years behind any other sports game on the market today!!
This is why it's so important that competion makes it's way back into the market.It seems as if where going to wait YEARS for something this basic to make it into the game.This may be the decided factor if I purchase this years Madden or not.Out of respect for Operation Sports forum rules,I will restrain myself from telling ea what I really think of there halfhearted effort of a so called football game they call madden.What a joke no customized camera views 'WHAT A JOKE"!!!

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #71
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I dont believe you prove it.
Quote:
If this is true it really is a shame.Theres no excuses whatsoever that no one at ea ever implemented/thought about user defined cams.Diffrent playable camera views are the basics of any sports game in todays tech.Wow I tell you; ea is light years behind any other sports game on the market today!!
This is why it's so important that competion makes it's way back into the market.It seems as if where going to wait YEARS for something this basic to make it into the game.This may be the decided factor if I purchase this years Madden or not.Out of respect for Operation Sports forum rules,I will restrain myself from telling ea what I really think of there halfhearted effort of a so called football game they call madden.What a joke no customized camera views 'WHAT A JOKE"!!!
Yea i already had this battle now for 6 years, i've been banned as well as many others multiple times for this very subject here at OS. I no longer get angry about it, i just quietly keep up the fight. Your best bet is to tweet the Devs, and get it in front of the E.A. wishlist. Keep an eye open when THEGAMINGTAILGATE.COM puts out the features tourney. Somehow user-defined camera's loses out to something stupid...shoutout to RudyJuly and my man Tarheel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #72
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I don't buy into the idea that if Madden is going to have RTP then they would have told us by now. I believe the opposite.

Movies don't reveal the big moment at the start, it's at the end. Marketing is very similar; especially when a "cycle" is involved as with Madden or most sports games.

The marketing team has to find ways to keep the information pirhannas happy so they slowly feed you appetizers. Then they bring out the 16 oz steak and stand back as everyone goes crazy.

If they were to reveal RTP from day one, then nothing they do will grab attention and eventually the "craze" will die down. They want to build up interest and anticipation.

Smart marketing move, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »