Home

Could this "monumental" change to gameplay be a first person camera view?

This is a discussion on Could this "monumental" change to gameplay be a first person camera view? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Could this "monumental" change to gameplay be a first person camera view?

Just asking the community thats my biggest guess. I think real time physics would have been one of the first things that ea would have told us. If they havent by now its not in the game. We have seen a little bit of gameplay and it doesnt look like something monumental has been put into the gameplay so maybe its another feature or say a game mode that actually puts you on the field. When i read the statement that says "blurs the line between virtualand reality" first person game mode comes to mind. If im right idk about the rest of you guys but i would be disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Could this "monumental" change to gameplay be a first person camera view?

While I'm not totally sold on it being physics, there is evidence of some type of more sophisticated physics being in the game this year.

I don't think it would be first-person camera though. I at least think they would be aware of the fact that this being what they called monumental would probably completely deflate the hype that has been built so far. I also can't see that being what got everyone at the recent CD so hyped.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Cool idea, but yeah I think it's something bigger than a 1st person camera view. Whatever it was made the community guys freak out, so I'm expecting it to be something revolutionary for Madden.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Cool idea, but yeah I think it's something bigger than a 1st person camera view. Whatever it was made the community guys freak out, so I'm expecting it to be something revolutionary for Madden.
TBH, though I hope it's RTP it's not really revolutionary to sports game or even football games for that matter.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock9958
While I'm not totally sold on it being physics, there is evidence of some type of more sophisticated physics being in the game this year.

I don't think it would be first-person camera though. I at least think they would be aware of the fact that this being what they called monumental would probably completely deflate the hype that has been built so far. I also can't see that being what got everyone at the recent CD so hyped.
i mean i agree with you 100 % i mean this is my nightmare right here that would be like a first person camera view. If rtp made it into this game i would just assume they would have led with that. I guess we will just ahve to wait till we see actual gameplay but this monumental change to gameplay better be extremely noticable on the first play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

If a new more realistically limited game play view were a part of the "monumental" change, I for one would be ecstatic. Not exactly a 1st person view but something along the lines of BackBreaker game playview would be a needed change, imo.

I just made a post in another thread explaining why I believe a more limited game play view would inherently limit certain User exploits that are currently easily accomplished due to the "god view".

I would welcome a more limited game play view with open arms and wallet.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
TBH, though I hope it's RTP it's not really revolutionary to sports game or even football games for that matter.
It would be revolutionary just because of how poorly physics have been in Madden. Hardly anyone bought Backbreaker because of all its short-comings so it's not like people are even close to feeling jaded from RTP in football. It's practically everyone's top 2 or 3 requests for Madden so it would get that big of a reaction from CD guys if this is the case.

I don't really think it's RTP but it looks like some type of improved physics engine has been added. That alone would make me not ever want to play a previous Madden ever, as a CD said about the big information they received, not exactly 1st person.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Just made a similar thread not knowin u made one but anyway I hope its on the defensive side of the ball

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »