Home

Three New Madden NFL 13 Videos Featuring the Audio Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

This is a discussion on Three New Madden NFL 13 Videos Featuring the Audio Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Three New Madden NFL 13 Videos Featuring the Audio Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I think the audio part of Madden this year will be good. But people have to remember that there is only so much they can do in a studio. Yes Phil and Jim might sound robotic at times. But I feel that they will be the best announcer team since Madden/Summerall. Over the next few years Madden audio will get better and better. I think this is the beginning of something good. Can't wait to hear all these sounds put together. I believe it will sound good at E3 this year. Hoping for the best.
i totally agree with you... one thing that can be guaranteed is that it will be much better than recent previous years..just that alone makes me happy but i think audio will sound much more complete and great in the final product once they get it all seamed together and working as it should..right now all we are getting are snippets of what will be in the final product..so far i am liking what i am hearing and they got two of my favorite play-by-play guys.. simms and nantz so im really excited to see EA improve the audio dept this year to a great degree.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #18
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Three New Madden NFL 13 Videos Featuring the Audio Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I think the audio part of Madden this year will be good. But people have to remember that there is only so much they can do in a studio. Yes Phil and Jim might sound robotic at times. But I feel that they will be the best announcer team since Madden/Summerall. Over the next few years Madden audio will get better and better. I think this is the beginning of something good. Can't wait to hear all these sounds put together. I believe it will sound good at E3 this year. Hoping for the best.
Agreed. I also just think their in-game likenesses and voices alone add so much to the experience. Really does make it feel like watching a game on a Sunday.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

eh..commentary only goes so far...even The Show is painfully repetitive after a few dozen games.....what I'm really looking forward to is the 5.1 remix using player sounds/crowd sounds.....after a few games of commentary I'll likely just turn off Jim/Phil anyway & listen as if I'm down on the field....of course this assumes there is no crackling/popping in the PS3 version again.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #20
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I dont want to hear "Takes the snap from the shotgun, he throws over the middle, (which it wasnt the middle ), Touch down " He sounded dead when he said touchdown.

I want to hear " Vick takes the snapped looks over to his left throwsssssssssss TOUCHDOWN!!!!! Jackson makes the catch between two defenders, and now the eagles take the lead 20-14.!!!!!" Something like that More detailed to the teams and players involved in the play and game.

Everything that I' am hearing is very generic. Like" Thats the fourth time they sacked the QB"

How about naming the Qb who has been sacked 4 times in the game, and how the offensive line is being abused by the chargers defensive front.
Yah. See nobody would say this in real life. You'd say "they have 4 sacks today"... It's just bad writing- because who else are you gonna sack? The WR?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »