Home

Madden NFL 13 Hands-On Impressions From Community Event #3 (DLG)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Hands-On Impressions From Community Event #3 (DLG) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #57
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 13 Hands-On Impressions From Community Event #3 (DLG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Defenders go after the ball like crazy. If you sit back and expect the cpu receiver to do everything for you, then you will be missing out on a large portion of what makes this game good. The game is made to switch and take control of the defender/receiver. I can't see any reason personally why a league wouldn't allow user catching for M13 at this point. Madden 12 yes, I could understand that. To me that would be like banning touching the sticks at all other snapping the ball. Just ky opinion though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
So it sounds like you're saying the CPU defensive player is more aggressive than the CPU offensive player, and the HUM player needs to switch in order to even the scales? Is this the same when the HUM is on defense? Or is it just that the CPU is more aggressive against all HUM players, not matter which side of the ball?

Thanks again for going into more details with this, you certainly don't have to do it so it is definitely appreciated.

Watch me play video games
Old 05-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #58
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Did not like it at all... I think the reviewer didn't hit on anything. I don't know where EA gets these "Game Changers" , but they don't know too much.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Did not like it at all... I think the reviewer didn't hit on anything. I don't know where EA gets these "Game Changers" , but they don't know too much.
Not saying I disagree with your comment but what examples can you give that makes you feel that way?
Old 05-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 25
I'm not trying to sound standoff-ish, really. Many of you guys are trying to base my impressions off of Madden 12... STOP . It's a completely different game. You have already seen video of the new defensive stuff and new offensive stuff. You already know about the game being steered towards user control. I'm just giving you the feelings I had playing the game. If I say user catching is easier and more realistic at the same time it should mean that everyone is put on the same level when using the same players. This is NOT Madden 12, nor is it your daddy's Madden. You can feel free to look me up after E3 and/or the actual release date. As long as things don't change for the worse between now and then...my sentiments are echoed by every attendee including a member of TSS, TSO, MPOA, Shopmaster, MB, OS... It's not a conspiracy. I WILL be posting impressions on other things and more on this when I can elaborate further at a later date.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 10

CM, did you notice if the safety's played smarter? Last years game they could never cover the inside slot post, I hope there smarter this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #62
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I'm not trying to sound standoff-ish, really. Many of you guys are trying to base my impressions off of Madden 12... STOP . It's a completely different game. You have already seen video of the new defensive stuff and new offensive stuff. You already know about the game being steered towards user control. I'm just giving you the feelings I had playing the game. If I say user catching is easier and more realistic at the same time it should mean that everyone is put on the same level when using the same players. This is NOT Madden 12, nor is it your daddy's Madden. You can feel free to look me up after E3 and/or the actual release date. As long as things don't change for the worse between now and then...my sentiments are echoed by every attendee including a member of TSS, TSO, MPOA, Shopmaster, MB, OS... It's not a conspiracy. I WILL be posting impressions on other things and more on this when I can elaborate further at a later date.

Fair enough. I'll take your word that's it's improved and no longer an unfair advantage to the user

Watch me play video games
Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #63
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Not saying I disagree with your comment but what examples can you give that makes you feel that way?

He says he can only talk about what's already been released... no new info. Why even post it? However, I've followed this guy for awhile now and I guess I just think he's not that bright. Personally, I just don't like him , his style or what he stands for.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
He says he can only talk about what's already been released... no new info. Why even post it? However, I've followed this guy for awhile now and I guess I just think he's not that bright. Personally, I just don't like him , his style or what he stands for.
Freaking Nazi Mod! Lol
And if you ever want to compare IQ's let me know... I bet I can break 22.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »