Home

The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers

This is a discussion on The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #25
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers

It's very clear and easy to see these gameplay guys. Infact gameplay is sort of cut and dry, It either plays like real football or it doesn't. Not too much subjectivity to it. But when it comes to franchise it really does seem subjective to each of us as to what a good franchise mode is.

I know those who won't be happy with the franchise mode if it doesn't have some sort of weekly wrap show/better draft presentation. I'm one of those people. But I also know there is a large crowd that base how good a franchise mode is on trade AI, draft AI, and better scouting,etc...(Which I care about also) I guess all I want to know is...Were both of these franchise groups present at CD? Those who want the immersion/presentation aspect and those who want the logic/AI?

I'mnot asking anyone to talk about a feature or anything but franchise just seems to be that one mode where even if you put 100 of the most hardcore franchise guys in a room they'll all likely have a different idea of what makes it a worth while mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

For one, I really hope we get the option to take offline franchise mode online on the sense of handling offline taks on the computer... which would make things sooooooo much easier (especially for people who do 32 team control 'chise mode).

I know the whole draft process, scouting and FA would be so much smoother and easier to go through than using the ps3. Besides, doing it online would allow for more depth (lists, big boards, our own files)

*To the RedZone guy who used to be a mod: I did not mean to sound too aggressive, but if you post something that adds nothing to the convo, sounds arrogant and gives no sign of you intending to be funny... I find it farfetched to expect a response other than asking u to read the actual thread topic.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
I guarantee that the Mayan Prophecy will only come true if the Eagles are in striking distance of the #1 or #2 seed at that time. For argument's sake though, let's just pretend that it won't happen. June 4 > December 21.

or if you're a fan of the world ending, I'd still have to say June 4 > December 21 but at the end of the day I'm just sharing my opinion. I'm sure some will react differently than others, but from a personal perspective this is the day I have been waiting for my whole "career" as a Madden gamer. No spin, no hype train, just genuine excitement. Bring it on!
That's it. The Mayans got it wrong. EA probably got a bunch of nuclear warheads. The announcement on June 4th that will change the way to play Madden forever, is that you'll be playing it from heaven.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #28
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Man, I thought connected careers meant that instead of restarting your online franchise every release you could simply continue from whatever point you were at.

Maybe I'm the only one who wants to see that
Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
For one, I really hope we get the option to take offline franchise mode online on the sense of handling offline taks on the computer... which would make things sooooooo much easier (especially for people who do 32 team control 'chise mode).

I know the whole draft process, scouting and FA would be so much smoother and easier to go through than using the ps3. Besides, doing it online would allow for more depth (lists, big boards, our own files)

*To the RedZone guy who used to be a mod: I did not mean to sound too aggressive, but if you post something that adds nothing to the convo, sounds arrogant and gives no sign of you intending to be funny... I find it farfetched to expect a response other than asking u to read the actual thread topic.
Well, not only is Redzone a former mod, but he is also a Game Changer and a very strong proponent of franchise mode.

I know he was only trying to be funny, you just took it the wrong way.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #30
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

If gameplay is #1 for me, franchise is #1a, so I am excited for both bits of news. I guess I am not sure if this ties into NCAA in a bigger way then in the past, or if it is something totally different. The importing from NCAA > Madden is in need of an overhaul, so hopefully that is taken care of. It would be nice if they added alot of the Head Coach features into the mode, and tied that into the head coaches/gm's/owners of the teams.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
It's very clear and easy to see these gameplay guys. Infact gameplay is sort of cut and dry, It either plays like real football or it doesn't. Not too much subjectivity to it. But when it comes to franchise it really does seem subjective to each of us as to what a good franchise mode is.

I know those who won't be happy with the franchise mode if it doesn't have some sort of weekly wrap show/better draft presentation. I'm one of those people. But I also know there is a large crowd that base how good a franchise mode is on trade AI, draft AI, and better scouting,etc...(Which I care about also) I guess all I want to know is...Were both of these franchise groups present at CD? Those who want the immersion/presentation aspect and those who want the logic/AI?

I'mnot asking anyone to talk about a feature or anything but franchise just seems to be that one mode where even if you put 100 of the most hardcore franchise guys in a room they'll all likely have a different idea of what makes it a worth while mode.
I can assure you that we (the Franchise community) were very well represented by a lot of both passionate and knowledgeable gamers who each have varying specialties. I left the latest Community Event very impressed with their feedback having attended the first as well. I just sat there drooling the whole time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 16

Davey and franchise mode is like wine and cheese! They always are associated together!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »