Home

The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers

This is a discussion on The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #49
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers

I wish there was the ability to monitor your offline franchise from a website. If you noted at work you can go on and look at stats, make trades, adjust depth charts, etc. I know you used to be able to do a single player online franchise but we all know how limited that is.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #50
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Without sounding dumb, can someone explain connected careers?

I don't check the forums as often as I would during NFL season..
Old 05-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

I do not understand it too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 25
I don't really know much about it.... But I can already state I couldn't care less about it.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qg0jxx
Old 05-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 13

If connecting offline and online franchise is all it is, then I'll be pretty disappointed. I have no interest in playing online, and in fact, due to some issues with my EA login I actually can't play online.
Looking at all the things I want for Franchise mode, none of them seem to really fit with the title "connected careers", so my only hope is that this new game mode brings with it secondary improvements that are the things I really want. For example, I want coaches to be much more in-depth, and if CC is related to coaches, then maybe I'll get that depth I'm looking for.

In any case, I'm hopeful for June 4, but I'm fully prepared to be disappointed as well.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMad-CowxX
I could type a four page essay about what I'd want implemented/re-implemented into franchise mode, but I'll simply explain the features I think could be revealed, if not vaguely.

I wouldn't mind seeing a more in-depth franchise mode in general. I'd like more financial control, specifically adjusting the price of stadium costs, controlling all aspects of sponsorship and advertisement. I know it's somewhat of a stretch, but actually seeing the purchased stadium improvements in-game, specifically speaking, when I purchase a giant LCD display board, I want to see it implements inside the stadium while playing.
Yes Sir!

Just reminisced in another post about the old ability to not only truly manage a franchise but build a new, relocated team from the ground up! There was a true sense of value to the dollar bills your team made when you had to financially manage players/coaches/training and medical staff etc. Oh Madden '05 where art thou!?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #55
Pro

Amped's Arena

OVR: 18

When I first saw connected careers, I immediately thought it was kind of like they are enhancing Superstar mode to how something like nba 2k. Me and my friend were saying how we thought maybe more than 1 person can go into the same draft together and go through playing our positions on seperate, or on the same team, depending how the draft went, since then it would be "Connecting our Careers" then I realize, wait that's never gonna happen haha I wish! I really have no clue what will come from this connected careers thing, but man I wish it was my idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #56
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I wish there was the ability to monitor your offline franchise from a website. If you noted at work you can go on and look at stats, make trades, adjust depth charts, etc. I know you used to be able to do a single player online franchise but we all know how limited that is.
Wouldn't that technically be a 'online franchise'? Not sure how deep the online franchise is at the moment but why not start a one man online franchise and call it a day? Wouldn't that accomplish the same tasks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »