Home

TheSimStandard's recap of Madden 13 Community Day#2

This is a discussion on TheSimStandard's recap of Madden 13 Community Day#2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: TheSimStandard's recap of Madden 13 Community Day#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
My guesses to this "monumental" gameplay feature is one of two things;

#1 - Physics added to tackles
How likely? Not that high based on footage so far, but it could be toned down in the vision we've seen so far or something.

#2 - Total Passing Control AKA Right Analog Stick Passing.
With trajectories and putting your pass where you want it now, I think they've found a way to make passing easy and fun to do while having total control over your passes using the right analog stick.
Regarding #1 I'm guessing you didn't listen to the video all the way through, because he says in there that there was obviously a major addition in the new build that they played last week. It almost HAS to be some kind of physics that they are talking about, what else would you add to the build of a game that would improve gameplay that much?
Old 05-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #34
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
So in all the videos I've seen, the lineplay looks about the same with no engaed movement or double teaming, the animations looked the same, the zig/zag running was still there. Still Azure says 80-85 percent of Madden fans are going to be happy with Madden 13.

Then he's not even done. This monumental change coming June 4th is going to have sim heads and tourney guys living together in harmony? This just isn't possible. If this happens I expect to see this once the demo drops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0
The videos we have seen gameplay from are nowhere near current and none of them have this new monumental change to gameplay in them. I read from another person who went to community day that zig/zag running was pretty much nonexistent now. For one thing look at the players on the field in the videos that we have seen, Roy Williams-Bears, V-Jax-Chargers. The build they played last week had RG3 on the skins, I heard Shopmaster talking about it last night how excited he was to have RG3 instead of Grossman and what a difference it made for him competing against the other guys in the tournament down there.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm beginning to think the new gameplay feature is not RTP. He said 80-85 percent of madden gamers would be happy, I would expect that number to be higher near 100 if it indeed was RTP.

I'm thinking its more along the lines of better animations for tackling and running.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
I'm beginning to think the new gameplay feature is not RTP. He said 80-85 percent of madden gamers would be happy, I would expect that number to be higher near 100 if it indeed was RTP.

I'm thinking its more along the lines of better animations for tackling and running.
You have to ask if better animations for tackling and running is monumental announcing it to the world at E3.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 7
The other thing to note from what he said is that he had a good game playing haed to head with someone. Would RTP really play that big a part in that?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
The other thing to note from what he said is that he had a good game playing haed to head with someone. Would RTP really play that big a part in that?
It might, if he was playing against a someone that doesn't play his style, which is sim.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #39
EA Game Changer

AzureEffect's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
I have never had an opponent as truly sim as I did last week when I got to play Azure. The man knows his stuff.
Would LOVE to have you in my League for 13; having played you...you are the prototypical Owner/GM that I am looking for. A person who gets in depth with the players he wants for his system. You play the opponent; rather than trying to exploit the AI. It is always a pleasure to play another Sim player and its encouraging to keep bumping into players like yourself.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #40
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
That may just be because of the new passing system and removal of psychic defenders additions of coverage disguises, best on best. Doesn't have to have anything to do with June 4th necessarily.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »