Home

Ratings not Adding up

This is a discussion on Ratings not Adding up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Ratings not Adding up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Stats don't equal ratings... and even if the did, take a look at his. They look about the same across the board.

Also, quit looking at his OVR rating. FORGET about OVR. Look at his specific ratings. He has like 95+ route running and catch in trafficif I recall correctly. Bess is a beast in Madden in the slot. Don't try to use him like Moss or Megatron. Use him like Wes Welker. Bess and Marshall are brutal together. Isn't Marshall a Bear now? Enjoy Bess/Marshall in Madden 12 while you still can
The point I was trying to make is that his overall should be based on his ability, and I agree on the Bess and Marshall comment, because Bess and M arshall are practically the same just one is bigger which allows him to do lots more than the other

edit------ His catch is not in the 90's Lol

Last edited by Stan Down; 05-16-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #10
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

He has 99 catching right?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 AM   #11
Banned

I was wrong he has 85 speed and 96 acceleration. Also...95 catching and 97 route running! 78 catch in traffic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I got his catch and catch in traffic backwards in my mind. I knew he had like 95+ in two important categories that make him beastly in the video game. I also thought he was similar to welker in his slow speed but high acceleration. What is his agility?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I got his catch and catch in traffic backwards in my mind. I knew he had like 95+ in two important categories that make him beastly in the video game. I also thought he was similar to welker in his slow speed but high acceleration. What is his agility?
His agility is 95
Old 05-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

i also have a huge problem with how player are rated in madden. if two player have equal vertical at the combine, and both players are formal basket players in college. how come one have 95 jumping and the other have like 75 jumping.

blocking TE or FB are also not recognice in madden. the good FB in madden are the FB that have alot of carries or have alot of rushing yards. clutt was 4th in pro bowl voting for FB, but he have one of the lowest rating in madden 57 overall.

madden rating is base off espn and highlight.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #15
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear23
i also have a huge problem with how player are rated in madden. if two player have equal vertical at the combine, and both players are formal basket players in college. how come one have 95 jumping and the other have like 75 jumping.
The reason is because Donnie Moore and the folks at EA do not use (nor understand) logic. A vertical, once again, is NOT dependent upon mass. I don't care if a CB and a DT both jump 35 inches. They should still have the SAME VERTICAL and consequently, the SAME JMP RATING. EA does NOT universally rate their players.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
The reason is because Donnie Moore and the folks at EA do not use (nor understand) logic. A vertical, once again, is NOT dependent upon mass. I don't care if a CB and a DT both jump 35 inches. They should still have the SAME VERTICAL and consequently, the SAME JMP RATING. EA does NOT universally rate their players.
Which is a problem, I believe part of the reason why the player stats are so skewed (and tend to show favor) has a lot to do with this.

Use their measurables, combine/pro-day avgs etc. so you develop a BASE for the player, and if you'd like to tweak things based on film at least then it's not TOTALLY biased to the evaluator because you're building off of the players BASE stats. Accounting for skills you can't measure like SPC, CIT, RLS, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »