Home

Ratings not Adding up

This is a discussion on Ratings not Adding up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Ratings not Adding up

From Madden 10 and Up I've had this problem where players get an increase in rating, and said increase does not transfer over to the next. Davone Bess is arguably one of the top 10 slot receivers in the NFL, but for some reason every year he gets shafted.......

In 09 his overall peaked at 79, then 10 it started at 74, then came 11 he was at 76, and this year he spent the year at 78 never moving up nor down but the funny thing is aren't stats supposed to translate into ratings increase?? And the irony behind this is ea has a website for people to vote who gets an increase in stats, haven't see one for madden 12 but it's probably there just have to look for it. Good players get shafted when it comes to madden due to favoritism with certain players and teams.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

Re: Ratings not Adding up

This is why they would have a problem with stretching the ratings.

Last edited by BestServedCold; 05-15-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
This is why they would have problem with stretching the ratings.
And that's quite a big problem
Old 05-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Eh... I feel like mid-to-high 70s is pretty good for a guy who is "arguably" a top-10 SLOT receiver. That is at the current scale, of course. I agree that the ratings need to be stretched out.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Eh... I feel like mid-to-high 70s is pretty good for a guy who is "arguably" a top-10 SLOT receiver. That is at the current scale, of course. I agree that the ratings need to be stretched out.
There are slot receivers on other teams with Ovr 80+ ratings.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Down
There are slot receivers on other teams with Ovr 80+ ratings.....
Overall rating is the players value to other teams. It isn't representative of how good they are, individual ratings dictate that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

I do not share the sentiment that STATS => Ratings. I think that the ratings should be representative on the ABILITY of a player on a CONSISTENT basis. Stats can be very misleading. There are a near infinite amount of things that happen on a given play that lead into the outcome. "Stats" are a product of a team effort, even for the individual. I think that scouting data that accurately qualifies (and interpolates) ability is far more accurate than measuring stats. Tom Brady and Trent Green both threw 99 yard TDs in their careers. Does that mean they should have 99 THP?

As for your case with Bess, I would say he is maybe a top 50 WR in the NFL based upon his ability. He is not overly fast or agile, but he does break arm tackles regularly. His hands are OK with routine catches, but he doesn't flash the great catching ability of a Fitzgerald. He is, however, a very good route runner. If I was doing the ratings for EA, he would be an 81:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/pr...php?pyid=56662

And to be honest, if I was rating him based on his stats from 2011...I would place him in the low 70s. Those are not great stats for a starting WR in the NFL, no matter WHO is throwing the ball.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 05-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Stats don't equal ratings... and even if the did, take a look at his. They look about the same across the board.

Also, quit looking at his OVR rating. FORGET about OVR. Look at his specific ratings. He has like 95+ route running and catch in trafficif I recall correctly. Bess is a beast in Madden in the slot. Don't try to use him like Moss or Megatron. Use him like Wes Welker. Bess and Marshall are brutal together. Isn't Marshall a Bear now? Enjoy Bess/Marshall in Madden 12 while you still can

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »