Home

Could This Be The Solution to a Dynamic Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Could This Be The Solution to a Dynamic Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Could This Be The Solution to a Dynamic Franchise Mode?

Today While watching ESPN network series NFL Live today I got to thinking about madden.

Then Bears quarterback Jay Cutler voiced his opinions on the bears O-line.
Quote:
"The offensive line is definitely going to be a concern, seeing where those guys fit in, and seeing what five we go with," Cutler said Monday. "
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...offensive-line

Mark Schlereth began to breakdown film on the bears o-line problems from last season. He mentioned about how the key to having a efficient line is having the best five guys that work as a unit. The guys have to build reps together and then once they become comfortable is when they excel.

So what does this have to do with the franchise?
How would you guys feel if Madden added a “Personnel Chemistry” feature to the franchise mode? With the feature working something along these rough lines:
- Personnel Chemistry is applied the following groups – Lineman(OT,OG,C,LS) – Backfield (QB,FB,RB) – Receivers (WR,TE) - - - - - Defense: Dline(DE, DT’s, NT’s) – Backers (ROLB, MLB, LOLB) Secondary (CB,FS,SS)

– Special teams (Field Goal, Punt Coverage, Punt Return, Kickoff Coverage, and Kickoff Return)

- Each group will start at 60% at the beginning of every offseason

- Each Week a team can increase 1-5% per unit

- Top statistical units each week will earn the higher % values of the (1-5%)

- Things such as starting different players each week or Injuries, will have negative impact on unit’s Chemistry for the next game(1-10%) depending on OVR of player swapped out… higher OVR= higher %

- Whatever % (-/+) of chemistry change from the previous game will be applied to that unit for that game as an Awareness rating boost for the next game only, ratings could reset after 3 weeks just like DPP system

This system would allow us to micro manage our Franchise even more, and it rewards the better performing units in the league. Who knows the boost very well may be reason that unit makes the game winning play for your team! It makes team unity matter when all cylinders are clicking it's gonna feel good.
What are your thoughts,ideas or positive feedback on the idea?

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
I see that in the future for sure. There are a lot of directions they can go with it as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Could This Be The Solution to a Dynamic Franchise Mode?

What ever happened to team chemistry and personal moral from the old games? Was it ever in Madden or am I mixing up Madden and MVP again?

I guess it could be broken down to squad chemistry but I do not get how things like this just disappear and never come back.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

This would make progress in the effort to add "human" elements to the game. I'm always for that. Like any addition that feeds into the hardcore fans, it would most likely have to be an option or a part of a franchise setting of All-Madden, etc. I'm on board with the concept.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Great suggestion!

The old games definitely had Morale...I remember in my franchise on Madden 2006 (ps2) I played with the Raiders and Buchanan had his morale at 0...because he didn't get enough game time...

The reason I remember it so well was, I loved him...as he returned kickoffs and punts for me and always lead the league in TD returns for both kickoffs and punts...but he obviously didn't love me back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
Rookie

Raven12's Arena

OVR: 10

Good job!I like this
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm not sure if I would buy into the whole morale stuff from old-gen madden's again. I know morale is real and it does effect teams, I think unity and having a group of guys working in unison or better to video gaming then managing a bad apple in the locker room which often are the real life headlines, I just think it's hard to mesh into a video game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
This would make progress in the effort to add "human" elements to the game. I'm always for that. Like any addition that feeds into the hardcore fans, it would most likely have to be an option or a part of a franchise setting of All-Madden, etc. I'm on board with the concept.
I know imagine competing in Online leagues with each unit statistically each week to get the chemisty and ratings boost. It's a very rewarding system, I know it's very vague though a lot could be added to what I have posted already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I guess it could be broken down to squad chemistry but I do not get how things like this just disappear and never come back.
I'm not sure what you mean by this

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

Last edited by King Gro23; 05-16-2012 at 11:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »