Home

Who will you be in your Madden 13 franchise?

This is a discussion on Who will you be in your Madden 13 franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Who will you be in your Madden 13 franchise?

1. My Redskins for obvious reasons

2. Rams. Bradford, Jackson, Danario, 6'4 WR Brian Quick. Long, Quinn, Lauranitis, Finnegan, Jannoris Jenkins & Tramaine Johnson gives Rams young talent @ skill positions.

3. Tampa. I think Mark Barron will be a stud... along with great offseason FA moves.
MLB- Washington Nationals
Old 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #74
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

First will be with the Eaglets, Probably try and get Patrick Peterson in Philly.

Then I will do an all rookie fantasy draft, RGIII with Blackmon is going to be fun and the all rookie teams progress greatly so by year three I should be seeing Super Bowls (If I didn't already get there earlier).
Old 05-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #75
Rookie

Patriots#12's Arena

OVR: 0

I enjoy long term rebuilding projects which rules out a lot of teams for me. As at least on paper every team has gotten better over the off season.

Right now Oakland would be my most likely choice should the purchase the game.
Chiefs Will - A Kansas City Chiefs Franchise [Madden 10]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
First will be with the Eaglets, Probably try and get Patrick Peterson in Philly.

Then I will do an all rookie fantasy draft, RGIII with Blackmon is going to be fun and the all rookie teams progress greatly so by year three I should be seeing Super Bowls (If I didn't already get there earlier).
Other than the obvious LSU connection, what is the reasoning behind wanting to get Peterson in midnight green (if there is one?)

The Eagles already have two of the top (well, one top 3, another top 10 or 15?) man cover corners out there, and unless you think Nnamdi is a good candidate to slide to FS...but even then, Peterson probably wouldn't come cheap. Is it worth it? Perhaps sending a stud on the final edge of his contract (Jeremy Maclin?) and a few picks over?

If I were to do a Franchise right now, I'd probably wait a few years to attempt that deal strictly because I personally don't make too many trades that don't involve players who could theoretically be on the trade block.

No flaming or trashing here, just genuine intrigue for insight into the mind of another couch GM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #77
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I am having a really tough time deciding what squad I'm going to take control of in my franchise. Here are the teams I am considering:

#1- St. Louis Rams
Young team that had an excellent 2012 draft. They have several quality pieces and play in a division where they could immediately compete for a playoff spot. They also have some extra draft picks from WAS in the next drafts, so that is a bonus. Once again I really, really, really like the foundation for their roster.

#2- Seattle Seahawks
Love the uniforms and the crowd atmosphere. The fact they have never won a Super Bowl is also intriguing. The issue with the Seahawks: drafting Bruce Irvin and the signing of Matt Flynn. The secondary is solid but offensively they lack a true franchise player. I would have to blow up the Seahawks and I'm not sure I want to do that.

#3- Buffalo Bills
Another team without a SB victory, the Bills have some great pieces on both sides of the ball. Their 2012 draft was great and I really like their depth at running back. The tough AFC East is also enticing. Playing vs Brady twice a year would be great and it could be a nice rivalry.

#4- Arizona Cardinals
As a Notre Dame guy I love the Michael Floyd addition. Putting him with Larry Fitzgerald gives AZ a solid 1-2 punch. Patrick Peterson looks to be an amazing talent at corner and is a home run threat on punts. Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams are a serviceable duo at running back. QB is a question mark but that's something I could find a solution to through the draft/free agency. Arizona also does not have a SB title.

It is a very tough decision

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

Last edited by NDAlum; 07-22-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #78
Rookie

S C 0 0 Z E's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum

I am having a really tough time deciding what squad I'm going to take control of in my franchise. Here are the teams I am considering:

#1- St. Louis Rams
Young team that had an excellent 2012 draft. They have several quality pieces and play in a division where they could immediately compete for a playoff spot. They also have some extra draft picks from WAS in the next drafts, so that is a bonus. Once again I really, really, really like the foundation for their roster.

#2- Seattle Seahawks
Love the uniforms and the crowd atmosphere. The fact they have never won a Super Bowl is also intriguing. The issue with the Seahawks: drafting Bruce Irvin and the signing of Matt Flynn. The secondary is solid but offensively they lack a true franchise player. I would have to blow up the Seahawks and I'm not sure I want to do that.

#3- Buffalo Bills
Another team with a SB victory, the Bills have some great pieces on both sides of the ball. Their 2012 draft was great and I really like their depth at running back. The tough AFC East is also enticing. Playing vs Brady twice a year would be great and it could be a nice rivalry.

#4- Arizona Cardinals
As a Notre Dame guy I love the Michael Floyd addition. Putting him with Larry Fitzgerald gives AZ a solid 1-2 punch. Patrick Peterson looks to be an amazing talent at corner and is a home run threat on punts. Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams are a serviceable duo at running back. QB is a question mark but that's something I could find a solution to through the draft/free agency. Arizona also does not have a SB title.

It is a very tough decision
Go Cardinals! I like the idea of the QB being a big question mark. If you don't like either of the two you can draft one in the next draft and really start to build around that offense and build the team.

I'll def go Titans with one of my franchises. I'm thinking about maybe trading Kenny Britt because of how injury prone and, well, stupid he is. Maybe trade him to the Rams for a first round pick or the Dolphins. (?)

I'll also either release Mariani or maybe try and do a package trade with him because I got Kendall Wright and Tommie Campbell for returns now.

Develop Taylor Thompson into a awesome TE and have a top TE tandem with him and Jared Cook.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #79
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by S C 0 0 Z E
Go Cardinals! I like the idea of the QB being a big question mark. If you don't like either of the two you can draft one in the next draft and really start to build around that offense and build the team.

I'll def go Titans with one of my franchises. I'm thinking about maybe trading Kenny Britt because of how injury prone and, well, stupid he is. Maybe trade him to the Rams for a first round pick or the Dolphins. (?)

I'll also either release Mariani or maybe try and do a package trade with him because I got Kendall Wright and Tommie Campbell for returns now.

Develop Taylor Thompson into a awesome TE and have a top TE tandem with him and Jared Cook.
I was looking at the Titans as well! Locker + CJ + Britt + Wright = points. I would not trade Britt due to him being so young and showing so much promise. Top flight WR's like Britt aren't easy to come by.

___

I will be Arizona if I don't get them in my OS online franchise.

If I'm Arizona I am leaning towards Seattle

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #80
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3

i will be the Bears in the online franchise and i cant wait to have Cutler and Marshall plus alshon jeffery and better depth all around. i ended my season in the NFC title game @ green bay last season so i have some unfinished business!

as far as offline goes this is how i narrow my choices
1 must be a cold weather team
2 no dome teams
3 a team that needs some work
4 i will never use the packers

so im deciding between these teams
Bills
browns
chiefs
seahawks
i would like to do the redskins but i like pocket QBs vs scrambler QBs
i kinda want to do the broncos also

so i have some deciding to do

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »