Home

Who will you be in your Madden 13 franchise?

This is a discussion on Who will you be in your Madden 13 franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #41
Banned

WatShot's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals28
Going to bring the first SB to the 'natti
Smoking bowl?? That's not the first in cincy...lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #42
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who will you be in your Madden 13 franchise?

Denver Broncos because I only ever want to play as my favorite team.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #43
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I've played with both Green Bay (my team) and Cleveland (love taking a bad team and playing up against one of the toughest divisions) in the last few Madden's. I don't see that changing this year.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-18-2012, 05:28 AM   #44
Rookie

Exovaldes's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Dont sleep on Ridley and Vereen, in Madden 12, both end up being decent backs in a couple of seasons and I am sure it will be the same in 13. Vereen has a little better speed but Ridley is stronger and breaks tackles. I only used Woodhead on passing downs.

I will probably cut Addai in year one
Yeah, I've always loved Woody. However, I've always had a soft spot for huge running backs running over DB's

I don't think Addai can make the cut even to the roster on my Franchise, I'll probably let him go during the preseason. Or trade him for a 7th round pick.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #45
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
I've always used the Packers so I haven't really had the thrill of a true rebuilding season, well, ever.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
I will say though I'm going to try something new that I never done before. Normally I pick one team but I'm going to create my own season and my own storyline. I'll do a 32 team Franchise mode and play out every game my way. I may sit there and make Oakland the worst team in the league by making them lose every game but 2 or 3, basically just play out my own storyline. Has anyone else tried this before?
^^^THIS
This is what I usually do (even though I do tend to "select" one of the 32 teams as my specific team) I run a total-control franchise, playing my own storylines and making my own moves, while trying to keep it "logical"

I've always thought regardless of the advances any sports title could make with technology/innovation, they will never be able to create a full storyline, real-life situations sports game (offseason injuries, conduct issues...) This is why I like to take this experience on my own.

What I do is create a document with GM attitudes for each team and act accordingly. Kind of like MLB The Show has "contending, rebuilding..." or "aggressive FA, conservative...) But this is rambling...

My team is the San Diego Super Chargers! :P
Old 05-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #47
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
^^^THIS
This is what I usually do (even though I do tend to "select" one of the 32 teams as my specific team) I run a total-control franchise, playing my own storylines and making my own moves, while trying to keep it "logical"

I've always thought regardless of the advances any sports title could make with technology/innovation, they will never be able to create a full storyline, real-life situations sports game (offseason injuries, conduct issues...) This is why I like to take this experience on my own.

What I do is create a document with GM attitudes for each team and act accordingly. Kind of like MLB The Show has "contending, rebuilding..." or "aggressive FA, conservative...) But this is rambling...

My team is the San Diego Super Chargers! :P
Yeah plus you could create your own Free Agency Drama, I mean imagine Drew Brees still on the Franchise Tag and at the end of the year, maybe I let him hit Free Agency and sign elsewhere, and create a story out of it. Can the Saints replace Brees, who will they get to replace him, etc.

Can the Ravens re-sign both Joe Flacco and Ray Rice, does another player demand a trade, does someone hold out because he wants more money. You could remove that player from the depth chart who is holding out and not play him and make it seem like he is holding out, etc.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #48
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7

I love playing with the under dog teams and building them into dynasty powerhouses through the years... It just so happens that my favorite team, the Colts, will be one of those teams this year so I'm super excited to actually play through a franchise with them!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »