Home

Create-a-Team Improvements?

This is a discussion on Create-a-Team Improvements? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Create-a-Team Improvements?

I've always enjoyed creating a 'cupcake' team, and rebuilding it through Franchise Mode. But I've noticed that Create-a-Team has been somewhat lacking, specifically, the customization options, and depth.

I'll begin by referencing how predictable the pre-selected team builds are. If i'm not mistaken, choosing a 'cupcake' build will result in if not ALL, many A potential players. I've also noticed that even selecting the same build within another created team, the same general overalls and potentials are placed amongst the exact same positions, for example, the LOLB on a 'cupcake' team will have a B potential, developing into a solid mid to late eighty overall. if anything, I think random players should have more depth, and implementing created team builds should be more disperced and random.

I know I can't be the only individual who wants this, but Create-a-Team needs more, and better, team logos. I apalogize, but the current team logos are terrible, and there's not enough variety. While I'm speaking upon customization, I feel as though jersey creation, now that Nike has taken head of that department, should be vastly expanded. I'd like more options when customizing jerseys, and I wouldn't mind team based designs on helmets such as Cincinatti, St. Louis, Minnesota, and so on, that relate to the logo. Also, implementing alternative uniforms for created teams should somehow be included. In fact, that's an easy process, simply allow us to create more than a home and away uniform. But, more customization is defintely a necessity. I feel limited when creating a team, which obviously isn't good.

Again, customization, concerning stadium build. I feel as though the stadium options aren't modern enough, and the selections lack depth. I'd like the option to select from generic fight songs that are roared throughout the stadium, or created fight songs EA implemented themselves. I'd just like to see more modern options when creating a stadium, and broader customization.

Thoughts? Do you think Create-a-Team will be improved in Madden 13?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Create-a-Team Improvements?

I hate how they're all rookies.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon6 Re: Create-a-Team Improvements?

Before I answer your question I must say that you hit it dead on the head. Create a team fans have been limited in regards to true customization. Backbreaker had the right idea but in my opinion the game was atrocious. I remember reading the first info on Madden 13 about how every mode will be brand new. The first thing I thought was every mode (create a team is a mode yes). I hate, loathe, despise, the current logos that we get every year on Madden. I mean come on a chicken foot, a clover, a football surrounded by flies, the head of a monkey, a hog snout, a magician's hat over a helmet, a baby crocodile, a distorted shark, chess pieces the rook and the knight. I could go on and on. I also agree that they need to bring back alternate uniforms. Finally I hope they do a complete overhaul (hint. teambuilder) but I am extremely doubtful that anything will be changed. But thank you for feeling the way I feel about create a team in Madden. Have a great day
Old 05-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Create-a-Team Improvements?

I tried to do this when I was bored, and I noticed that in between seasons almost every one of my players, even the C and D rated players, progressed mightily despite having a poor record and terrible performances. I'd like that to change.

In addition I'd like the option to create an "expansion" roster - using the same tools as an actual expansion would, with the expansion draft and such.

Some type of "create-a-logo" option would be nice too. I didn't play NCAA this year but in 11 they had the browser-based team-builder. We should get something like that in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »