Home

49ers Gold Pants Wrong? Or is it just me?

This is a discussion on 49ers Gold Pants Wrong? Or is it just me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2012, 02:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: 49ers Gold Pants Wrong? Or is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
That was an old picture of Willis from Madden 10. I can tell by his build, the helmet color and that bug in the stripes. That was "fixed" back in Madden 11.

Willis looks more human and less like a monster though. Not a huge fan of the current player models.
Your right, the color was fixed, but the stripe is still an issue....well, to me at least. HAHA
Old 05-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

maybe I am not noticing the stripe, but it looks fine to me last I looked.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #19
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

For the record, even though some of these game stills are outdated, the color of the 49ers gold pants in Madden 12, and probably 13, is still wrong. I will take pics with my phone sometime this afternoon and post them if I can.

Quote:
This is one of the madden "mistakes" that I am happy with. I don't like the "baby poo" color they have in real life. You aren't the only one to call it that... if you don't visit the 49ers Red Zone Forums, they call it that there too.

I prefer the 80's gold pants and I often just switch over to those and their big red and white stripes anyway.

Yes, it is wrong... but it doesn't bother me

Also the Patriots 90's throwbacks when Curtis Martian was a Patriot are the wrong color as well. The Patriots 90's helmet has the correct lighter color blue, but the jersey is wrong.

Also, as I say many times, I wish we could have both home AND away throwbacks to choose from. I wish we have every uniform like 2k5 had.

There was a time when the 49ers didn't wear gold.

I can understand the perspective of Madden players like yourself, but while you can always use the 80s 49ers pants to fulfill your wish that the 49ers had a gold with a more redish tint to it, us die-hard realists have no option. I want to see the real NFL when I play Madden, and this is one of the glaring issues for me that makes me want to simulate every game I have against the niners, or to never play as them.

Again, I understand that some 49er fans don't like the true color of the pants, but that simply should not affect what the 49ers look like. Truth is, many 49er fans hated the previous uniforms, with the shinny gold, dark red and block shadowed numbers, but would you rather at the time those uniforms not exist in Madden, replaced instead with the 80s/early 90s look?

Frankly, if I were a Bucs fan and this was Madden 95, I would still want my team to have the hideous creamsickle uniforms in Madden that they had in the NFL at the time. Another one I can't stand is the Chiefs uniform, but I would freak out if Madden did something creative or appeasing with them instead of providing the same uniform We See On Sunday.

Even if the current 49er gold is unpopular, I still believe that Madden should represent the correct 49er uniform, as once again, I want Everything You See On Sunday, even if it is an outdated sales pitch.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Again, I understand that some 49er fans don't like the true color of the pants, but that simply should not affect what the 49ers look like. Truth is, many 49er fans hated the previous uniforms, with the shinny gold, dark red and block shadowed numbers, but would you rather at the time those uniforms not exist in Madden, replaced instead with the 80s/early 90s look?
While I didn't hate those uniforms, I didn't like them. I want those uniforms back in the game though, along with the away version. When I used to play those older versions of Madden I would often put my 49ers in the throwback 80's uniforms, yes. They actully wore them from time to time in real life too:

There we see Trent Dilfer and Larry Allen Wearing the 80's throwbacks a few years before the current uniforms were even introduced.

I hate that EA hasn't fully changed the 49ers presentation. The 49ers use the classic grey face mask, but in the stadium in the video game and the giant helmet in the run out, Madden still uses the helmet design from those uniforms which is wrong.

Quote:
Frankly, if I were a Bucs fan and this was Madden 95, I would still want my team to have the hideous creamsickle uniforms in Madden that they had in the NFL at the time. Another one I can't stand is the Chiefs uniform, but I would freak out if Madden did something creative or appeasing with them instead of providing the same uniform We See On Sunday.

Even if the current 49er gold is unpopular, I still believe that Madden should represent the correct 49er uniform, as once again, I want Everything You See On Sunday, even if it is an outdated sales pitch.
I agree it should be fixed... but I also admitted that in my Bias I am in no hurry to ask for the fix

In Play Now games and in Franchise I like the option to put teams in different uniforms. I like NOT putting the Broncos in the ugly AFL throwbacks. I like putting them in their Orange top alternates that are supposed to be the normal ones next year with Peyton. When I play a Raiders @ Broncos game I like to put Denver in their Elway Throwbacks... although with today's equipment and revolution helmets it doesn't look quite right.

What happened to the Ravens mid-90's Helmet? I think it was Madden 10 and/or 11 had this helmet, but Madden 12 took it out:

Also those pants with the white stripe. Where did they go?

These should all be in the game.

How about the Rams blue and white classics?

The 49ers and Rams have an old rivalry, and it would be nice to have a classic uniform match up sometimes:

I can put the rams in their classic blue and yellow and the away version... but they are one of,if not the only team you can do that with.

Notice how small those classic stripes were before the 80's on the 49ers pants!

Last edited by PGaither84; 05-17-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
What happened to the Ravens mid-90's Helmet?
I don't know if they're allowed to use that because it turns out that it was copyrighted by a guy and they never credited him for it which is why they changed to their current logo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #22
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Okay. That makes sense.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Regarding the original topic, the 49ers uniforms, there is one thing that gives me hope: the talk that EA has finally paid special attention to what lighting does to uniforms, including even changing color.

The reason is, the 49ers pants almost (but not quite) look like they do in Madden when the 49ers are standing in shadow (although they DON'T look that way at night!), but as soon as they come back into the light their pants take on that bright, yellowy-mustard gold color. If Madden incorporates this effect, I will probably be quite satisfied.

But if they just assume they had it right all along, we'll get more of the same. Thankfully it looks like they are paying special attention to the NIKE uniforms, but again, look at them:

You can see quite clearly by looking at Alex Smith that the new 49er uniforms maintain the yellowish mustard-like gold pants, even if there are slight changes to the uniform. Lighting is very important with these as well. Hopefully Madden doesn't drop the ball on this.

* Although this right here has me concerned, as you can clearly see it isn't the same color as the Nike unveiling photo above has:

Seems a pretty obvious thing. Hopefully Jean Adams and the art crew won't miss it.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 05-17-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #24
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

Well I remember them changing the helmet color before and making it more authentic hopefull they do the same with the pants. Its a couple of uniforms that are still slightly off (the helmet and jersey color difference of the vikings come to mind) but they do great for tne most part. I selfishly want them to change the cowboys accessories when wearing theyre home jersey it should match their socks which is a much lighter blue

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »