Home

49ers Gold Pants Wrong? Or is it just me?

This is a discussion on 49ers Gold Pants Wrong? Or is it just me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #33
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: 49ers Gold Pants Wrong? Or is it just me?

You can see that the pants look very different in different light.

In this video when it switches to the Lions game and then back to outdoors at home, there is a dramatic color change.

Also notice how they look in the Cardinals game in comparison to the Browns game before it.

The camera, the lighting, a bit of both. What ever.

Last edited by PGaither84; 05-26-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
How about the Rams blue and white classics?

The 49ers and Rams have an old rivalry, and it would be nice to have a classic uniform match up sometimes:

Great call PG i'm a Pats fan and those are hands down my favorite football uniforms off all time. Am I wrong or weren't those included in a recent version of Madden?

On topic: yes 49ers color is wrong and should be changed and I also agree we need the correct 90s throwbacks for the Pats soccer stripes and all

Last edited by moylan1234; 05-26-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #35
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

No they haven't been in any Next Gen version of the game. They were in like Madden 04, but nothing on the 360 or PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #36
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
You can see that the pants look very different in different light.

In this video when it switches to the Lions game and then back to outdoors at home, there is a dramatic color change.

Also notice how they look in the Cardinals game in comparison to the Browns game before it.

The camera, the lighting, a bit of both. What ever.
For sure, and this needs to be implemented in Madden, but the big issue is that in real life the 49ers gold pants are almost NEVER the color they are in Madden. It occurs very rarely. The closes I saw was the away game against Seattle, with the very overcast sky. But it happens rarely. Far more often the colors are either the very shiny bright yellow-gold (when outside) or the more subdued banana-ish mustard-ish golden color. The reddish brown beige gold almost never occurs in real life.

I did read that Madden 13 will finally implement uniforms that change color depending on lighting, so hopefully they will finally get the 49ers pants right, but the wiki page has the color listed as "metallic gold," and I think that far more accurately would represent their pants than the beige brown color we've seen in Madden lately.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #37
MVP

In Seattle there is usually a slightly more brown tint to the pants due to the overcast lighting and the blue reflection on the pants (there is a very tiny metallic like reflection on them, believe it or not). I wonder if Madden 13 actually captures this, or if we're just getting Madden 12 49er pants again.

This is a real pic of the 49ers at Seattle:

Even so, it still doesn't look quite right to me. It seems there is still a tiny bit of yellow missing. The red looks about as close as you can get. I wonder if they will implement the color changing in the light effect with the 49ers? It would appear so based on this screen shot in comparison to the first one:

Still, it doesn't seem quite bright enough for sunshine.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #38
MVP

Here is another look. See how the light hits the 49ers pants in this shot (notice particularly the right leg of the 49er on top of the pile):

vs. Madden 13:

Still not sure, but I think it is looking better than last season. Will need more 49er shots from Madden 13 to know for sure.

The helmet, however, definitely doesn't seem to be reflecting light right. There is far more contrast between the light and dark parts of the helmet than in the Madden 13 pic.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
No they haven't been in any Next Gen version of the game. They were in like Madden 04, but nothing on the 360 or PS3.
The Rams blue and white? That's not true, PGaither. It was definitely in one of the current gen maddens.

I'm a big fan of those uniforms and I loved using the Rams the year they had that uni in Madden and noted its disappearance in subsequent years. My first console was a 360 so I'm not mis-remembering from last gen.

I checked all the 360 Maddens except for 08 which I had forgotten I had given away. Unfortunately, I think 08 was the year with the uniforms. They were not part of the free throwback DLC provided by Sprint on Madden 07 and were not on 09+.

Last edited by phillysouljah; 06-05-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #40
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysouljah
The Rams blue and white? That's not true, PGaither. It was definitely in one of the current gen maddens.

I'm a big fan of those uniforms and I loved using the Rams the year they had that uni in Madden and noted its disappearance in subsequent years. My first console was a 360 so I'm not mis-remembering from last gen.

I still have all the Maddens. If I have time, I'll check it out and report exactly which Madden had the blue and white.

My guess would be they were part of the free throwback DLC provided by Sprint on Madden 07.
Well, I didn't have 07 or it's DLC, but I can safely say it wasn't a part of Madden 08 through 12.

P.S. What the deal with the helmets?

In Madden they are bland, but in real life they have a metallic plate gold look to them. Just look at the above picture to see what I mean.

In contrast, the Saints have a sparklely look to them like the Doplhins helmets.

They didn't used to be that shiny, but we are talking about now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »