Home

NHL 13's Press release has just Gave Away Madden 13's June 4th secrets...

This is a discussion on NHL 13's Press release has just Gave Away Madden 13's June 4th secrets... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 13's Press release has just Gave Away Madden 13's June 4th secrets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
I can't agree with this statement. After a few seasons beating up on the CPU, I get bored. The only thing that ever had me playing madden during spring is Online Franchase. I would rather play a human any day of the week before playing the CPU.
To me this is where EA has really dropped the ball. The inability to have the cpu play like its real life counterpart is a huge issue. Nothing is more deflating than being in a franchise/dynasty and being stoked for a big game only to have the cpu not play anything like its real life counterparts. I want to fear the Ravens defense. I want to fear the Saints offense. In NCAA I was hyped to play against Stanford and Luck but, he was worse than the backup at Minnesota. Oregon couldn't operate its offense at all. That is what really sucks.

Human opponents are just as bad as the cpu but, in a different way. You never feel as if you're playing against a particular team. You're just playing against some guys playing style. Usually its as easy to figure out as the cpu. It just takes a couple of series. But, when dudes are hot routing every player and doing all kinds of unrealistic crap what's the use?

My nephew and Brother-in-law both are good video game players and they know very little about the complexities of football or basketball for that matter but, they've beaten me in football, basketball, and boxing games. Eventually I figure out their tactics but, the simple fact they can win with limited knowledge by spamming buttons, finding glitches, or having some decent stick skills is frustrating. The thing is they think they're sim players and most players online have been very similar to them. Even though they claim they're not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #42
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There is a new leader in charge of both games by the name of Cam Weber. He was in charge of FIFA and Fight Night.

Plus, Madden and NCAA has the sound tech from FIFA and NHL this year.

Things change.
Sure, of course.

And good point about the sound tech. I didn't know that.

Still, EA has a long track record of NOT doing things that way.

I certainly don't see any evidence to conclude that physics is one of the things they're magically going to start borrowing from other games.

Is it possible? Sure. I'd love to see it.

But I think the original poster is really naive to jump to that conclusion.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #43
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
If that was true, why would that lead you to believe there are no improvements to franchise in general whatsoever?
Because when they first added Online Franchise ,offline franchise only got tune ups,nothing extra.They prob spent most their time with the servers for the online franchise,threw some paint on the offline franchise to make it look diff like they do every year.At least thats what Im expecting.

And to everyone who said Madden Developers were looking to get game of the year,Thats what they been saying since THe guy from Microsoft took over.Every year.He said when he first came to EA that they wanted to compete against the GOTY games like MW and what not.So that doesnt do anything for me either.Just saying you guys really shouldnt get your hopes up.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
lol Cause this place just goes crazy when we(OS members) hype something up (like we're doing now) and then it doesn't happen(like what happens 90% of the time when we do this). Some of us ARE just speculating, but I can guarantee that there are some out there that fully expect to see RTP on June 4th. It's like last year when EA said you will never play madden online the same again or something like that. Everybody thought for sure it was a fleshed out online franchise, myself included. When it turned out to be communities, the online madden gamers went crazy, myself included lol. Well now, we're talking about something that affects ALL Madden gamers. I hope, for the EA devs sake, that RTP is indeed announced on June 4th lol. I have no idea if an online riot is possible, but if RTP isn't announced on June 4th, you will find out if it is. lol
LOL @ Online riot.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 12

Yea, this is pretty obvious. I'm not sure why anyone would doubt the obvious "connections" and I'd be surprised if anyone didn't see these two things coming.

Making online franchise deeper had to happen. I know some don't care for online, and that's fine...but a lot of others wanted this. This has been promised since online franchise was introduced. And it was clear, at least to me, that the addition of the "free agent bidding system" last year was a stepped towards integrating offline franchise features into online franchise mode.

And RTP is the only thing that would satisfy the community with a "monumental change". Anything short of that would be a huge let down and an awful marketing campaign by EA.

A deeper online franchise mode, gameplay improvements, addition of RTP, all new announcers, improvements to presentation...this Madden might finally get the series by on track.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 15

I've wondered the past few years why EA's hockey game gets more cutting edge features than Madden? Also, why are they pretty much releasing all the information in that press release about their upcoming game? Why aren't they releasing it bit by bit in "playbooks" like NCAA and Madden? Instead they just threw it all out there!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not going to get my hopes up, but if madden were to actually pull off physics based tackles AND physics based running with legit foot planting, I'd be off the wall excited for madden 13.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #48
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
lol soooo just because the names sound similar they are the same thing? Look, I HOPE this is true and the 2 announcements are fully functional online franchise and physics, but I know better than to think I KNOW what it is. I have been disappointed by EA waaaaaaaaaay too much to do that. I'm just trying to tell yall to temper your expectations. With all this speculating stuff you all are setting yourself up for major disappointment.
As true as that is. There is a reason why all easports games are done in Orlando now. I know i read a tweet bout month ago where all dev. had a meeting where the FIFA crew was putting on a demo. so while for years EA never shared tech. Times are changing big homie

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »