Home

Madden NFL 13 to Include Tebowing

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 to Include Tebowing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #49
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 13 to Include Tebowing

I dont mind this being in the game, in fact its the little details that make the game.

I just hope its only Tebow who Tebows...Didnt one Madden have some random guy doing the Ray lewis Dance before the game if Lewis wasnt on the team anymore?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I dont mind this being in the game, in fact its the little details that make the game.

I just hope its only Tebow who Tebows...Didnt one Madden have some random guy doing the Ray lewis Dance before the game if Lewis wasnt on the team anymore?
I don't want to bring up another game but if anyone plays the MLB The Show then you know it's all the little details that make the game as great as it is...and the devs by doing this will bring more of what you see on Sunday to the Game
Old 05-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #51
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
I don't want to bring up another game but if anyone plays the MLB The Show then you know it's all the little details that make the game as great as it is...and the devs by doing this will bring more of what you see on Sunday to the Game
Yeah, it's a different vision. I don't think EA either takes the time or has the attention to detail. One of the two. That's why I'm being harder than usual on them this year. They always try to pack a lot in the game, but it's all 70%.

If m11 had come in on time and on schedule, 13 would've been the pinnacle. M11 was "locomotion" - and the first thing we did? Complain about locomotion. Lol it was implementation gone wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #52
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Yeah, it's a different vision. I don't think EA either takes the time or has the attention to detail. One of the two. That's why I'm being harder than usual on them this year. They always try to pack a lot in the game, but it's all 70%.

If m11 had come in on time and on schedule, 13 would've been the pinnacle. M11 was "locomotion" - and the first thing we did? Complain about locomotion. Lol it was implementation gone wrong
Correct, EA likes to add things just so they can they can say they added them and it seems like they usually dont work out the way they wanted. Implementation is the KEY.

Two years ago they recorded all the QB dialogues, but most were left unheard. They always talk about adding new animations and yet we never see them, because they're not triggered. Though stats have improved, there were years when 8 RB's would run for over 2,000 yards. They have a player of the game that sometimes makes no sense. I win games by over 30 points, but the CPU was awarded the player of the game for having one interception returned for A TD

I love what they are trying to do, I just want to see them be implemented correctly
Old 05-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #53
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Correct, EA likes to add things just so they can they can say they added them and it seems like they usually dont work out the way they wanted. Implementation is the KEY.

Two years ago they recorded all the QB dialogues, but most were left unheard. They always talk about adding new animations and yet we never see them, because they're not triggered. Though stats have improved, there were years when 8 RB's would run for over 2,000 yards. They have a player of the game that sometimes makes no sense. I win games by over 30 points, but the CPU was awarded the player of the game for having one interception returned for A TD

I love what they are trying to do, I just want to see them be implemented correctly
I'm gonna correct your correction. They add things in "half ***" and when we complain about them they just "let them go" instead of continuing to build on them. Take locomotion for example -- they put it in and we complained that it really didn't effect the offense as much as the defense -- what did they do? -- they tuned it to the point where you can barely tell its represented.

Building on previous features is key -- it seems the "business" mindset of EA is to add a new gimmick every year. Pretty sure thats a "suit" decision and not a dev decision.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #54
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
I'm gonna correct your correction. They add things in "half ***" and when we complain about them they just "let them go" instead of continuing to build on them. Take locomotion for example -- they put it in and we complained that it really didn't effect the offense as much as the defense -- what did they do? -- they tuned it to the point where you can barely tell its represented.

Building on previous features is key -- it seems the "business" mindset of EA is to add a new gimmick every year. Pretty sure thats a "suit" decision and not a dev decision.
I wasnt correcting in my post and I agree with what your say (maybe I didnt say it the way you did). EA does things not 100% and after a few years instead of improving on them they remove them. The list could go on from the Extra Point (both weekly and halftime), Pro-Tak, Fight for Fumble, QB Entrances, Madden IQ, etc

I also agree with you that someone higher up likes to add "back of the box" gimmicks to bring in new customers and of course the developers need to include it in the game..
Old 05-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:

I wouldn't mind seeing other players do it, especially if playing the Jets or whatever team Tebow may be on at the time. Similar to Stephen Tulloch Tebowing after sacking him last year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #56
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
I wouldn't mind seeing other players do it, especially if playing the Jets or whatever team Tebow may be on at the time. Similar to Stephen Tulloch Tebowing after sacking him last year
That would be fine as well but I was thinking of random players doing it in a game that Tebow isn't in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »