Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Victor Cruz Salsa Dance

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Victor Cruz Salsa Dance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #73
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Victor Cruz Salsa Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's not about only being positive or sugar coating something. It's a video of a guy salsa dancing. To sit here and take a video of a touchdown celebration and then start comparing it to actual gameplay is ridiculous.
Maybe, but are we here to talk about the vid or to insult other OS members opinions?

Quote:
The "he looks stiff" comments are well warranted and I would agree. But to say that this is the reason why gameplay sucks or that being happy with this is settling for sub-par gameplay doesn't have anything to do with the video.
Indirectly, it could be why gameplay sucks. This had to be mo capped, along with any other celebrations added. That's time that could've gone towards mo capping desparately needed gameplay animations.

Also, IMO, it shows EA's tendency to half a**. Why waste time animating the celebration if they're not going to do it right? And TD scorers don't celebrate by themselves. Every TD I see, the scorer is celebrating and in order to not draw a penalty, his teammates are waiting for him to finish so they can congratulate him. If they're going to do it, do it right.

Quote:
As for the video, yeah, it looks a little stiff. But as a Chiefs fan, I'm only going to see this maybe one or two times in my entire time of playing Madden so it's fine to me. Could it look better? Of course, everything could. But I'm not going to sound off about how "it looks bad so the game must be terrible". I'm taking it for what it is, a video of a touchdown celebration and nothing more.
What makes you think the Chief celebrations or any of your other opponent's celebrations will be done better?

Any way, my real point is that these vids are posted for us to comment on. We all come here to talk about the game. Once you turn your attention to OS members, posting opinions about them, you're stepping over the line. If celebrations make or brake the game for someone, it's not up to other OS members to judge them. If someone feels poor celebrations indicate how other parts of the game will be, again, not for OS members to judge them. IMO, if you're not talking about the game, what you have to say probably shouldn't be said.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #74
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Obviously in the first clip there is no emotion from anybody whatsoever but in the second clip there is two guys celebrating in the background albeit pretty far away from Cruz.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 4

I dunno...the "stiff" comments are just kinda redundant. Since we all know that other animations are stiff why would you expect something like this not to be??? That's not really a knock on Madden, no football game was really perfected all animations related to football (2K & BB both had a players running in somewhat awkward postures, while Madden's are a bit stiff). But with that in mind, the celebration is good for what it is. I wouldn't expect it to not be a little stiff with the animations they've had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #76
Rookie

Goofybub23's Arena

OVR: 0

Haha love this dance! I know it takes time away from bigger problems to put these things in but they are still fun! Will probably be trading for Cruz just so I can see it everytime
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Antonio Brown's dance has got to make it. But Ahmad Bradshaw's spike > Gronks lol I'm not a fan o either team really but I'd love to see Bradshaw run into the endzone and immediately jump doing a 180 and spiking that football.

I'm trying to think if I've ever seen any player spike the football in Madden. Is there a way to do that?
Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #78
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I'm trying to think if I've ever seen any player spike the football in Madden. Is there a way to do that?
I feel like we have but it's always look a little wonky because of the way the ball would bounce. I don't recall seeing any last year but I could be wrong. I know in the Presentation & Gameplay Playbook trailer they showed at the very end the "Gronk Spike". Hopefully there will be some variations of spikes in there like maybe the John Taylor jump and between the legs spike from the Super Bowl.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
I think this is the reason people aren't excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNea4eBjrY

We've been here before... in fact, that dance does kind of look like they did it in '09 -- wasn't OchoCinco on that dance already?

Are all of those celebrations still in the game?
Old 05-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #80
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Are all of those celebrations still in the game?
Definitely not all of them, just because a lot of them are illegal now. Also, that was something they hyped for Madden 09 was the user-controlled celebrations where when you scored, you ran to the box and hit a button to do a celebration. Jumping into the crowd was my favorite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »