Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Victor Cruz Salsa Dance

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Victor Cruz Salsa Dance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #65
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Victor Cruz Salsa Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This is my thought on this thread. It's an eleven second clip of a guy salsa dancing and we've seen comparisons of gameplay between Tecmo Super Bowl and Madden. The conclusion of being satisfied with subpar gameplay based on being satisfied with an eleven second clip of salsa dancing.

I mean, seriously. If this is what happens when they give us a video this short of a guy dancing, I don't even know if I want to see what happens June 4th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #66
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Bottom line is the celebrations don't look much different than that 09 video shows except it's the salsa instead of Ochocinco's the river dance. Many of us are just offering our opinions on what we see and that's my opinion.

Since the devs visit this forum and read these responses, I like to tell them what I think of it honestly. What would really be cool is if you could map this celebration to the controller (like you could with another game with a 2 and a 5 in the title). Then I could replay the NFC divisional game and pick off a Eli Manning pass with Charles Woodson and do the salsa in my friend's face just to be a jerk. Now that would be awesome.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #67
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I mean, seriously. If this is what happens when they give us a video this short of a guy dancing, I don't even know if I want to see what happens June 4th.
From now on, we'll ignore vids 11 seconds & shorter as if it wasn't posted for us to comment on.

We might have to ignore vids posted before certain dates too as they're WIP vids & not posted for us to comment on...

Unless we have something positive to say of course.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
It's probably an early build of the game (as the dev stated earlier in this thread) so there's still a chance whatever is wrong ets fixed.
You might have a point if it wasn't for EA's track record.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #69
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
From now on, we'll ignore vids 11 seconds & shorter as if it wasn't posted for us to comment on.

We might have to ignore vids posted before certain dates too as they're WIP vids & not posted for us to comment on...

Unless we have something positive to say of course.
It's not about only being positive or sugar coating something. It's a video of a guy salsa dancing. To sit here and take a video of a touchdown celebration and then start comparing it to actual gameplay is ridiculous.

The "he looks stiff" comments are well warranted and I would agree. But to say that this is the reason why gameplay sucks or that being happy with this is settling for sub-par gameplay doesn't have anything to do with the video.

As for the video, yeah, it looks a little stiff. But as a Chiefs fan, I'm only going to see this maybe one or two times in my entire time of playing Madden so it's fine to me. Could it look better? Of course, everything could. But I'm not going to sound off about how "it looks bad so the game must be terrible". I'm taking it for what it is, a video of a touchdown celebration and nothing more.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #70
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16
They could have done better.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is my thought on this thread. It's an eleven second clip of a guy salsa dancing and we've seen comparisons of gameplay between Tecmo Super Bowl and Madden. The conclusion of being satisfied with subpar gameplay based on being satisfied with an eleven second clip of salsa dancing.

That 11 second video showed me a lot actually. The sliding in the players walking was huge for me. One of the reasons I can't get into madden is because of the ice skating. Not even last generation football had a issue with this like current gen madden does.

To each their own with there opinions, but my opinion is my opinion and I 100% stand behind my comments in this thread. Madden was never compared to Tecmo bowl. What was mentioned about tecmo Bowl was there are still people who think that game is all we need in terms of graphics,gameplay,presentation. In no place does it compare the game of Madden VS Tecmo Bowl. If madden 12 or 13 didn't stomp a game made in 1989 then there is a serious problem. I know there will be those happy with this video, I am not. The celebration is fine. nothing special to me, it is not good or bad(although his team appears to care less he scored). Again, the sliding around of players during gameplay and cut scenes to me is a huge let down. I've been watching each video carefully just to see how ice skating is addressed. You may think I am alone, but this is a top 10 listed feature that people want improved on almost every list made on OS.

If all I am expected to do is come to each thread, video, photo and praise EA, some people will be let down. If I am expected to come here and make comments based on my honest opinions(like I hope we all are) then people should be happy with my comments. No agenda's, no hate, just my honest opinions. The beauty of OS is feedback from all sides, views,etc..

Last edited by wheelman990; 05-22-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 0
My thoughts on this video are this: you can't pretend like the ice skating/gliding/blank zombie stares aren't there. They are. And that's the problem. Saying that there are no problems when they have been captured on video clear as day means you are WANTING to ignore the problems, sweep them under the rug, and praise EA for everything they do and don't do. That's the only logical conclusion I can come to. That is not helpful to anyone, especially the Madden dev team.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »