Home

Cameras and knowing the opposing teams personnell threat

This is a discussion on Cameras and knowing the opposing teams personnell threat within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #17
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Cameras and knowing the opposing teams personnell threat

any added options to the camera view IMO is a welcome one after 20 years of playing these games (Madden, NCAA, 2k) ..,it always gets stale playing from the same ole behind the qb up angle look....i like to use the zoom camera and was happy to see that madden 13 has tweeked it a bit....BUT..i believe as many others do that it needs to be pushed forward like 10 yards or so...give or take it just looks a little to far downfield for me ..just a hair

i also wish that we will one day get back a fully customizable playable camera which we the user could adjust to our liking...i believe this would be the easiest fix for EA because that way everyone is happy because if they get bored of one angle, they could go into their settings and change it

for me personally i love the madden 12 zoom angle for every part of gameplay...EXCEPT when on offense on pass plays..dont get me wrong its ok but it just needs to be panned out just a bit more to see the sidelines a little better..
hopefully they dont scrap the old zoom angle because if some dont not like the "new" zoom angle they could always go back to the old one if they like...the more options the better
Old 06-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #18
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I agree with everyone here. It's very simple not everyone is comfortable with the same camera angle. So like to be further back and some like to be zoomed in. Which is why it baffles me that there is only one camera option.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #19
Rookie

magnusjolnaes's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I just think if you are playing defense it is simply you should have the option to play behind your defense to see the play develop.

Simple terms: Offense is different than defense. So there should be a camera to show each angle.
Only problem with that is, you would get problems as soon as the offense has a WR going on a streak. In order to be able to follow the play all the way, the camera would have to zoom waaaaay out once the QB got rid of the ball and threw it 60 yards down the field. I just can't see that happening. But I understand where you're coming from.
Colorado Rockies
Colorado Avalanche
Old 06-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 49

Nobody in this entire forum has pushed the zoom cam as much as I have over the last few years. I am going to keep it real here:

#1 PRE SNAP-The zoom cam at the line presnap shouldn't be any more zoomed out then Madden 12 was. If they want to lower the angle down like Madden 10-11 was, that is fine...but keep the same zoom level that Madden 10-12 was PRE SNAP minimum IMO(12 was zoomed out the most pre snap in Madden 10-12)

#2 POST NAP(passing mode)- I understand many people can't see the sidelines and complain. Personally, I always was willing to give up that little bit of sideline view for a complete on the field feel you get from the zoom cam(specially Madden 10!). If they want to zoom out the zoom cam POST SNAP to please the others too, then please don't get carried away. This is a zoom cam. If it is going to be just like the standard cam(which is a true sky cam!) then what is the point of a zoom cam?

Here is my idea for post snap(passing cam) regarding screen positioning.

First EA needs to move the screen position down like the following. You won't loose ANY field view at all. This is not to show my opinion of what I think zoom level should be, it is to show there is too much grass shown behind the qb, and it makes it appear to be even farther away IMO. This is just a screen adjustment, not zoom

For reference, here is the same screen EA's way of screen positioning. Notice my photo is edited at the top with editing work to fill in area that is missing space due to the screen adjustment.

Next I would like to talk about a idea I had about a way to keep the zoom cam zoomed in most of the passing time, but also allow a easy to way to quickly view flats if need be

Here is the camera post snap(passing cam)

Now, again I know people would like to see those flats, right? No problem. With a simple flick down on the right thumb stick, or pulling the r1 or l1 button, you get this-

The above cam is the cam that EA has shown as the zoom cam post snap(passing cam) as of right now(edited with the screen adjustment I mentioned above in first photo). If people think it need's slightly more zoom out, that is up to what the majority wants. That is just a flat/screen/etc cam.

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-08-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 49

I would even bring the screen position down a little more in my first pick then I did in my edit. Only need to see 5 yards behind the qb at most(for de/re coming around the back blitzes). It will also look better and smoother when it gets zoomed out from my recommended zoom cam without r1/l1 or stick down pressed.

If they move the screen down, they could also add in some cool effects to the sky, such as sun, moving clouds, lightning off in a far(rain games) and more!(super bowl blimps,etc..).

Also, in my zoom pass cam mode it shows a ps3 controller with a up arrow, that is just showing how you could get back to that cam from the zoomed out flat cam with the right stick(or L1)

Please read my post just before this one***

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-08-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #22
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

I really don't mind that camera angle EA released I just wish they would give us that option to flip that around behind the defense. I can't imagine it would be that hard to keep a camera and flip it.

I did hear that was an alpha version at E3 which I believe cause there were some text errors when they were scrolling through menus. Just hope someone can get in their ear and have them add the defensive reverse camera angle in time.

From what I have seen I will give EA credit on the lighting. It looks great.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

Last edited by Aggies7; 06-09-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I really don't mind that camera angle EA released I just wish they would give us that option to flip that around behind the defense. I can't imagine it would be that hard to keep a camera and flip it.

I did hear that was an alpha version at E3 which I believe cause there were some text errors when they were scrolling through menus. Just hope someone can get in their ear and have them add the defensive reverse camera angle in time.

From what I have seen I will give EA credit on the lighting. It looks great.
I need a reverse defense camera angle bad. All of these great improvements, and yet the camera options are totally going to hold this game back. it makes no sense...
Old 06-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #24
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

From what I saw there is a camera option in the pause menu. Why not add this before the release. In one of the videos I saw they said they are still working out kinks. So obviously that wasn't the final build. Wish someone here had twitter to ask them if it's possible we see the defensive reverse camera by release day.

Without that camera I will just sim defense which I hate doing.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »