Home

Madden 13 working on improving "Zoom" camera

This is a discussion on Madden 13 working on improving "Zoom" camera within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 13 working on improving "Zoom" camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Michael Young ‏@MYsportsPhotog
@Mega_Football we are working on delivering a better "Zoom" camera experience. More details to come.
You start like 3 decent threads a day!! How is your overall only a 9?? haha. I think Steve Noah must be rigging it!

On topic: If they perfect the zoom feature, and make it like this: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-must-see.html then it would be an awesome welcoming addition.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Michael Young ‏@MYsportsPhotog

Just showed @JDewiel our new #madden13 zoomed game play camera. He was pleased. Maybe if you ask him nicely he'll let me share.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Wish they would twitter about the defensive reverse camera like NCAA has.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

It's funny, because Madden NFL 11 had the perfect camera for run or for pass plays since you could see the field and it wasn't too far nor was it to close.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 22

The only thing i wish is if the camera was zoomed in a bit more, i am referring to the official screenshot that was released by Mr.Young.... a way to get a higher percentage of users satisfied is give three variations of this zoomed camera..the more options the better..i always say the more options a gamer has the more happy people you will have...not everyone will like how far back its zoomed i can clearly see that now...i think its pretty nice though so don't get me wrong..but i personally would like it a tad closer to the players. Again this is where giving us three variations of this camera would do it justice.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 49

The photo is way too zoomed out in the new released screenshot IMO. There is really no point in having a zoom camera anymore because it has gotten closer and closer every year until now it is just a lower version of the standard cam. A zoom cam was my favorite since Madden 10. It is true the screen passes are a bit harder to pull off, but I was happy to loose that to enjoy the feeling of being more in the action. I simply can't get into the Madden 13 standard cam which is now like a sky cam in every sense IMO.

The following is my idea for Madden 14's default cam, which will cover far/standard/close up cams at the flick of the right thumb stick. The reason I like this idea is because it can also be tied into QB awareness in many different ways.

I introduce to the forum Wheelman's Madden 14 default passing cam concept #1(lol):

The first thing most will notice is that even though this is how we all would like to play football, we can't see the sidelines right? Well with a simple flick down on the right thumb stick the cam quickly changes to this(personally can't see zooming out much more. Can see defenders on screens just fine:

Now lets say you want to go for that deep pass, or maybe just improve the accuracy of a throw? I suggest a focus mode type cam(like backbreaker idea) that with a simply flick up(or two flicks up from the zoomed out sideline cam) you get a cam like this.

With this cam a QB's accuracy comes into play. Depending on rating when in this cam your QB can get a slight boost in pass completion percentage. This doesn't have to be a huge difference, but definitely one that is noticed with QB's like Manning & Brady.

With screen plays, they could start it at the zoomed out cam at snap(2nd photo) if people are worried about the cam not switching fast enough to set up screen.

My final thoughts on a zoom cam for Madden 13 is this:
I think a zoom cam should be a zoom cam. I really liked Maden 10's zoom cam (becuase it was a true zoom cam)and I don't remember anyone complaining about it besides the people who prefer the standard cam. The Madden 12 zoom cam was zoomed out much more, but was still close enough to be alright for us zoom users. I really don't understand why this was changed yet again. I am really let down on this. I saw the thread title new playable zoom cam and got pretty excited. When I looked and saw the zoom cam has now been turned into a lower standard cam, I was yet again let down with a released Madden 13 feature. Really confused to why they thought this was a priority at all.

Last edited by wheelman990; 05-30-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 49

That is just one way to get the zoom cam working properly IMO. The other is the screen tilt right and left. That would keep the cam constantly close, but might be a little harder to implement and to follow as a user. We have never seen a football game with that tilt option to know if it will work. 2k5 had a tilt option, but it didn't have a center point to the tilt at center of the screen, which the game would have to have IMO.

Either way, the photo's show how much zoom in looses viewable field. There is a trade off, but I prefer less sidelines and a bit more zoomed in personally. If they tilt the camera a bit, they can zoom in a bit more and loose no more portion of the field. The lower cam is nice, but the trade off is less zoom abillity to see the same amount of sideline
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #16
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
It's funny, because Madden NFL 11 had the perfect camera for run or for pass plays since you could see the field and it wasn't too far nor was it to close.
Its a option not the default camera. You have the choice to use it or not.

so why is it funny?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »