Home

Creative Director Mike Young on why Madden 13 will have "Tebowing"

This is a discussion on Creative Director Mike Young on why Madden 13 will have "Tebowing" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Creative Director Mike Young on why Madden 13 will have "Tebowing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Plus what does codence have to do with Tebow's praying???? They took Tebow's routine which is his praying and put it into the game to relfect the personality of the game.
Because its "about getting everything in on Sunday".

So please, put in the celebrations. Put ALL of them in. Put ALL the personality in the game. From sack celebrations to "I got us a 1st down" to whatever else guys do. Put some in for the fictional/generic players that are original. Why doesn't my MLB have himself a "Ray Lewis-like" dance? Or a pose like Clay Matthews? Let me set one, etc. That is what I call putting personality in the whole game.

Did they add any more celebrations to the game? Refine existing ones? Add any other personality touches?

If so - why focus on Tebow? If not, then why Tebow and no others?

Sales, most likely, as was mentioned. That's the problem I have, and it's not so much a "problem" as, just be real about it. Say it's because of Tebow's popularity that his was put in. I'm the kind of person that just wants to hear truth/information, not spin or slogans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I have questions, then.

Was David Tyree's catch put in to make sales? Was Rodgers belt celebration to make sales?

How about the Salsa Dance by Cruz? People are claiming in the Cruz thread that the Salsa Dance was put in for authenticity. So, if that is true, why is "Tebowing" different.

Tebow is such a popular /polarizing player, "Tebowing" is looked upon as marketing ploy for more $. And because he is a popular player across the US, I can't disagree with this, but I also feel like the above examples it was also put in for authenticity reason's. I don't feel you can discount one for the other in Tebow's case.

I just don't hold Tryee and Cruz as popular as Tebow.

Also, what if JP wouldn't have tweeted the tweet and we wouldn't know about this until EA released the information or when we picked up the game?

Would there still be questions?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #43
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Because its "about getting everything in on Sunday".

So please, put in the celebrations. Put ALL of them in. Put ALL the personality in the game. From sack celebrations to "I got us a 1st down" to whatever else guys do. Put some in for the fictional/generic players that are original. Why doesn't my MLB have himself a "Ray Lewis-like" dance? Or a pose like Clay Matthews? Let me set one, etc. That is what I call putting personality in the whole game.

Did they add any more celebrations to the game? Refine existing ones? Add any other personality touches?

If so - why focus on Tebow? If not, then why Tebow and no others?

Sales, most likely, as was mentioned. That's the problem I have, and it's not so much a "problem" as, just be real about it. Say it's because of Tebow's popularity that his was put in. I'm the kind of person that just wants to hear truth/information, not spin or slogans.
Well we beg to differ here. Nothing wrong with that. I have no problem at all with this decision. Especially when many gamers will be playing with Tebow and will get the personality that goes with it.

We can't get them all , and we never did in the past. I see your biggest problem is that you feel it was done more for the money than anything else. My question to you is what the problem with that?

This is a product that involves millions into making and marketing, and lets not forget the license, so if your the lead guy in charge of this project , and the higher ups want as much money as possible to turn a profit. Are you going to say no to something that will create more money?

Remember your in charge, and have a family to support. The industry is all about the money, so be honest would you put this in?

I know I would with out hesitation. There is a bigger picture involved than getting everyones celebration in the game.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 05-23-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #44
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I can't speak for KB but for me the issue is the priorities seem screwed up, like they have been for sometime, imo. EA is a business and their goal is to maximize revenue but this end can be achieved by other means. If fundamental NFL authenticity was truly a core principle for creating Madden, all the accolades from NFL fans would inherently follow..

Again, Tebowing should be a given in Madden but not because it's so easily recognizable. It should be due to the fact that EA is fundamentally committed to NFL authenticity, as a whole, not just superficially.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #45
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Of course after they see it blow up within five minutes of the tweet they are gonna get a video and pic ready. That's called feeding the buzz not creating it.

But that's neither here nor there. EA puts out material, how everyone reacts to it fuels further information pertaining to the same content. It's good business.
That's kind of my point.

I don't care if they put Tebow in the game. I certainly don't care if they release information and of course it is good business to milk the exposure.

However lets get real Tebowing is in the game because Tebow was a instant headline generator last year. They knew the inclusion would generate talk, I'm sure they had no idea how much but they knew. The inclusion of this in the game is because it can create buzz.

We can disagree and that's fine but stop spouting off like you know things are facts. Unless you're sitting in on marketing meetings of course then feel free to correct me.

EDIT: Oh and his QB cadence is in the game as well. lol

Last edited by Danimal; 05-23-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #46
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

For those upset that Tebow has his cadence in the game but Sanchez may not. EA claims they got the cadences from NFL Films and if they did not have good quality of audio of some quarterbacks there is nothing they could do. They hope to have all quarterbacks cadence in 14. I know that is a typical answer that some will hate but it is better than nothing.
Some of you need to understand that EA can not invite every NFL player to come to Tiburon, or hunt down every player and motion capture them all and record them all.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #47
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I can't speak for KB but for me the issue is the priorities seem screwed up, like they have been for sometime, imo. EA is a business and their goal is to maximize revenue but this end can be achieved by other means. If fundamental NFL authenticity was truly a core principle for creating Madden, all the accolades from NFL fans would inherently follow..

Again, Tebowing should be a given in Madden but not because it's so easily recognizable. It should be due to the fact that EA is fundamentally committed to NFL authenticity, as a whole, not just superficially.
I totally understand what your saying. I just don't agree with it. It was never done as a whole in the past.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 05-23-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

For all those complaining that Tebow's Cadence is in the game. Does anyone know when the motion capture for tebowing? Could it be possible that these were down early in the year maybe even towards the end of last year. Like when Tebow was a starter for the Denver Broncos?

That would be my guess as to why the "back-up" has the cadence and the celebration and not Sanchez.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »