Home

Creative Director Mike Young on why Madden 13 will have "Tebowing"

This is a discussion on Creative Director Mike Young on why Madden 13 will have "Tebowing" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #49
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Creative Director Mike Young on why Madden 13 will have "Tebowing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
For those upset that Tebow has his cadence in the game but Sanchez may not. EA claims they got the cadences from NFL Films and if they did not have good quality of audio of some quarterbacks there is nothing they could do.
Really? Did Peyton Manning play last year? So they got them from NFL Films archives then. So all those specials I see on NFL Network where people are all sounded up nothing available?

I'm trying to think of an example.

Ok Jay Cutler been in the league how long? They had no sound of him in archives but a guy who been in the league 2 years they have good sound on?

Smells like PR spin to me
Old 05-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #50
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I felt compelled to repost this from another thread, in relation to the NFL authenticity claimed from adding Tebowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotomtime
im sorry but tebow doesnt tebow during the games.... this is maddens gimmick.... again
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...fake-punt.html

I just noticed that Young admits that Tebowing is not represented correctly in Madden 13 after touting it's NFL authenticity. Like stated, this article sounds like more of the same superficial stuff from the past. Hopefully that;s not the case with M13 as a whole.

During tense moments of a game, it was not uncommon to see Tebow on one knee, prayerfully watching the action, something that likely won’t be a part of the Madden game. According to Young, “Tebowing” will occur in the game “most of the time” after he scores a touchdown.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 05-23-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #51
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Really? Did Peyton Manning play last year? So they got them from NFL Films archives then. So all those specials I see on NFL Network where people are all sounded up nothing available?

I'm trying to think of an example.

Ok Jay Cutler been in the league how long? They had no sound of him in archives but a guy who been in the league 2 years they have good sound on?

Smells like PR spin to me
I agree. Just saying what they said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #52
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I agree. Just saying what they said.

Oh I know. Wasn't directed at you.

Cheers
Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock9958
As much as I dislike Tebow, I am okay with this simply because it adds realism to the game.

That being said, he's a backup. If in the end he gets his own celebration and his cadence is in the game, and Sanchez turns out not to have his cadence in, that would be wrong.
Well he was a starter last and and a sensation at that (overhyped as it was) and he may well be a starter after some point this year...I think it's fine...but if he doesn't start this year, they should NOT have it next year.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I felt compelled to repost this from another thread, in relation to the NFL authenticity claimed from adding Tebowing.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...fake-punt.html

I just noticed that Young admits that Tebowing is not represented correctly in Madden 13 after touting it's NFL authenticity. Like stated, this article sounds like more of the same superficial stuff from the past. Hopefully that;s not the case with M13 as a whole.

During tense moments of a game, it was not uncommon to see Tebow on one knee, prayerfully watching the action, something that likely won’t be a part of the Madden game. According to Young, “Tebowing” will occur in the game “most of the time” after he scores a touchdown.
True, but as was stated later in the thread, taking helmet off after TD is a penalty.

Otherwise, we would need to follow Tebow to the sideline. Not something I want to do.

Still, I don't see why we all can't agree that is a marketing plus for EA plus authenticity to have Tebowing in some part of the game.

If people want to take time and call out Mike Young on it, no problem.

Last edited by roadman; 05-23-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #55
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
True, but as was stated later in the thread, taking helmet off after TD is a penalty.

Otherwise, we would need to follow Tebow to the sideline. Not something I want to do.

Still, I don't see why we all can't agree that is a marketing plus for EA plus authenticity to have Tebowing in some part of the game.
We can all agree about the marketing part but not the authenticity. Tebow, Tebowing as a TD celebration is not NFL authentic, yet it is marketed as if it is. True Tebowing, on the sideline, away from game play, like you stated, is not something EA feels the masses would be as interested in, so authenticity is sacrificed but still claimed, yet again in another next-gen Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
We can all agree about the marketing part but not the authenticity. Tebow, Tebowing as a TD celebration is not NFL authentic, yet it is marketed as if it is. True Tebowing, on the sideline, away from game play, like you stated, is not something EA feels the masses would be as interested in, so authenticity is sacrificed but still claimed, yet again in another next-gen Madden.
I understand what you are saying Big, but personally, celebrations in the game is lower on my radar than game play, penalties, etc.....

They are a nice extra for me.

Same way I felt about the Lambeau Leap looking like Spidey Man for me. Nice extra.

Who knows, with JP tweeting Mike, it might get fixed. ie......scoreboard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »