Home

what else could we add to the super bowl celebration???

This is a discussion on what else could we add to the super bowl celebration??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6
what else could we add to the super bowl celebration???

call me a nit picker but I noticed in one of the videos at one of the events they have roger goodell holding the lombardi trophy while hes walking it down to the field for the super bowl champions.

This got me thinking what else they could add to this. I like the patches on the jerseys, the confetti and the team celebrating on stage after, i liked that they added a cut scene to the parade and the white house visit, but I still feel a little empty the next season when my team is trying to defend the title. This got me thinking....what else could they do? heres my list.

1. Add commentary for the next season for the teamt that won the super bowl the previous year. talk about it occasionally in some of the games maybe during the introduction to some of the games.

2. Add the presentation for the championship banner celebration during opening kickoff week. Cutscenes for lowering banner, bands playing/performing, etc...... (be original and creative) obviously some people would not want to see this but it would be nice to have. I know there was an NHL game that did this one year.

3. I would like to see a much different introduction to the game compared to the rest of the season and playoffs. not just Phil and Jim saying "its the super bowl". Be creative, show some of the different atmosphere/festivity stuff going on outside the stadium that we usually see before the game on TV.

4. Add super bowl commercials (LOL)...ok ok i know thats rediculous, but if your thinking of presentation, isnt that half the reason bandwagon NFL fans watch the super bowl is for the commercials??? NBA 2k kinda does this with commercials for upcoming games. Usually EA has some sponser like snickers or reeses, etc, use that brand and throw a few fake commercials in there.

5. different super bowl stat overlays

6. Tell more of a story before game starts - show an interview with a player in locker room, or interview with coach, etc.

any other ideas guys???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: what else could we add to the super bowl celebration???

agree to an extent, I feel that the current super bowl presentation is WORLDS better than what they've ever had. But yeah I feel like they could add more to the intro. Maybe hire somebody to do the full national anthem. doesn't have to be a mega star, just a singer. That part always gives me goosebumps.

other then that I don't know what you can change that is realistic. Only other place where you could add something is halftime but I really don't know what you can do, their obviously not going to hire some huge band to record a set and then code their characters in. It would take more time and money then is necessary for something not really critical to the overall game.

Also i hope they keep the white house visit in for future games regardless of whos in the oval office. Don't care if its cyber Obama or cyber Romney it still should be in!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
All of the stuff outside the stadium needs to be CUT! Riding through your home town with the team and the trophy, cut it! White House, cut it! I don't see any of that on superbowl sunday. Stay true to the broadcast presentation.

I do want to see the podium after the game with the commissioner announcing the mvp and handing out the trophies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
All of the stuff outside the stadium needs to be CUT! Riding through your home town with the team and the trophy, cut it! White House, cut it! I don't see any of that on superbowl sunday. Stay true to the broadcast presentation.

I do want to see the podium after the game with the commissioner announcing the mvp and handing out the trophies.

Around the time of the draft, I saw a video where you could see the new super bowl presentation in the background, just so I don't ruin it let's just say it's pretty much EXACTLY what you see in the real Super Bowl now.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Around the time of the draft, I saw a video where you could see the new super bowl presentation in the background, just so I don't ruin it let's just say it's pretty much EXACTLY what you see in the real Super Bowl now.
That's good news. I remember seeing a post where someone spotted that and I intentionally avoided the video lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Coaches NEED to remove the headsets during the postgame celebration. Looks odd........

Maybe have Terry Bradshaw interview the MVP and the coach.

Players hugging family members and each other.

Players wearing the championship shirts and caps.

Full recap, not just highlights. Starting with the pregame flyover and ending with the trophies..

Take the rest out. (Parades, White House visit, etc) Keep it on the field!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #7
Rookie

I don't see any of that on superbowl sunday.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 AM   #8
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

A camera shot following the Lombardi down the line of players as they kiss it and pass it would be sweet.

That, you see Superbowl Sunday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »