Home

have the tackling stats been addressed for 13?

This is a discussion on have the tackling stats been addressed for 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
have the tackling stats been addressed for 13?

not sure if this has been brought up or has been fixed but when playing a season it seems to me that all the tackles dont get added to the players. like right now im playing season mode in like week 11 and my top tackler is my MLB Dqwell Jackson he has 32 solo and 22 assit to give him 54 for yr... with 7 games left he wont even top the 100 tackle mark but yet the cmp controlled players have like 40+ more solo tackles and already over 100 total tackles or about to go over that. i play on 10 minute quarters so u would figure longer the time the better stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: have the tackling stats been addressed for 13?

Earliest we will find out about this in any fashion is June 4th when they talk about Franchise Mode, but in order to really know we will have to wait until the game has been released.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

This is a good point that I think has been lost in all the hype and news coming out regarding M13. Not only the Tackling stats in regards to franchise mode but the pancake blocks for user O-line as well. If they can't fix these stats then they need to change the formula in which progression is based off of.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
This is a good point that I think has been lost in all the hype and news coming out regarding M13. Not only the Tackling stats in regards to franchise mode but the pancake blocks for user O-line as well. If they can't fix these stats then they need to change the formula in which progression is based off of.
oh yea i forgot about the o-line pancakes both these need to be addressed.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
not sure if this has been brought up or has been fixed but when playing a season it seems to me that all the tackles dont get added to the players. like right now im playing season mode in like week 11 and my top tackler is my MLB Dqwell Jackson he has 32 solo and 22 assit to give him 54 for yr... with 7 games left he wont even top the 100 tackle mark but yet the cmp controlled players have like 40+ more solo tackles and already over 100 total tackles or about to go over that. i play on 10 minute quarters so u would figure longer the time the better stats.
Someone suggested this before, but there needs to be something done where CMP controlled players/teams are simulated using the exact time of length you set for the clock. It seems while you can play 10 minutes, and while I play 6-8 minutes, the AI games get simmed using 15 min quarters which could be why it's so different. Maybe they can figure out a way to simulate the AI games based off the quarter length chosen by the User. That way, if you choose 10 minutes, the AI games are simmed based off 10 minute quarters, or my case 6-8 minute quarters, and so fourth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
This isn't just about the CPU sim length to even up the stats, it's about tackles and pancake blocks being recorded properly in general. QB percentages, yardage, and attempts will need to be tweaked as well.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound

He can get to 100 tackles in 7 games. He has 54, needs 46. In 7 games, that's just 7 tackles a game.

Granted, I play on 12 minute quarters, but 7 per game doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Heck, 54 in 9 games is 6 tackles per game...
Old 05-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

10min quarters with accelerated clock isn't enough time.

An average NFL game has 120 offensive plays. It takes 12min quarters to get there. Those extra 2min per quarter add up. With 4 quarters, that is 8 extra minutes of game time, nearly adding a "5th quarter" to what you are already playing.

I wish I could lay 15min quarter games and get realistic stats. I like full length games now that we have accelerated clock. I could do that in Madden 10, but for what ever reason, I can't in 11 or 12.

Last edited by PGaither84; 05-23-2012 at 08:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »