Home

The All Scott Shanle Team

This is a discussion on The All Scott Shanle Team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
The All Scott Shanle Team

Given the generally negative tone in these parts, I figured I'd start a fun thread where we could discuss the players we face who beat the crap out of us despite their ratings.

For me, it's Scott Shanle. Every game vs. the Saints he has 8 or more tackles and creates turnovers--more often two per game, but sometimes one. He's literally everywhere. I suppose I could go to the other side and attack Vilma, but Shanle seems the safer option. Unfortunately, my logic always fails and he keeps the team in a position to win defensively.

What surprise players kill you when you play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: The All Scott Shanle Team

lol, Scott Shanle of all people! I am shocked that he is like a 10 year NFL veteran and starting his last 7 or so years. He wasn't even that good at Nebraska just your average LB.

But on the topic, I can't really think of any.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
lol, Scott Shanle of all people! I am shocked that he is like a 10 year NFL veteran and starting his last 7 or so years. He wasn't even that good at Nebraska just your average LB.

But on the topic, I can't really think of any.
Yeah, he's the LAST guy I thought would beat me. Israel Idonije gets me quite a bit as well.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm am about to begin year five of my Steelers franchise in which Miles Austin currently holds the all time single game record for recieving yards [can't remember] and recieving touchdowns [5].
The record was set in the 2012 season in a game against the Steelers at Heinz field!!!!
Wasn't really that bad of a game as I managed to keep the Cowboys offense in check for the most part, lots of three and outs, etc.
Instead of robo QB it was robo WR as Austin continually made spectacular catches, even in double coverage. Thankfully, don't have to play the Cowboys much but every time I do........

Leon Hall, no need to throw anywhere near that dude if he is on the field.
Ravens LB's. Lewis, McClain and Suggs are gone which doesn't seem to matter as it seems any LB that puts on a Ravens helmet turns into a stud.

Oh yea, last but certainly not least, any and all virtual NFL DT/NG weighing over 325lbs that manages to beat his LBs or DEs to my QB more than once a game.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

honestly any QB rated in the 70's. some how they just lob the ball perfectly on any route and it will just literally float perfectly to the WR. i can play a game against an elite QB and get 4+ interceptions easily but somehow those low rated QB's kill me everytime
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by live to die54
honestly any QB rated in the 70's. some how they just lob the ball perfectly on any route and it will just literally float perfectly to the WR. i can play a game against an elite QB and get 4+ interceptions easily but somehow those low rated QB's kill me everytime
psychological warfare at its finest.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Kevin Kolb and Matt Schaub always seems to dissect my defense every single time. They go for 300+ like it's nobodies business.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25
Bungholes DE Carlos Dunlap... All speed... No talent. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »