Home

How important is it to you for players in madden to look like their real counterpart?

This is a discussion on How important is it to you for players in madden to look like their real counterpart? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How important is it to you?
Very important, I want every team perfect. 37 30.33%
I don't mind a couple minor players wrong here or there. 40 32.79%
Not a big deal to me as long as the big name players are right. 18 14.75%
I don't care as long as the gameplay is perfect!!! 27 22.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #73
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How important is it to you for players in madden to look like their real counterp

I want the NFL to look like the NFL. This goes beyond merely the players. We need the uniforms right, too. The right colors (missed last year with some teams, including the 49ers, whose pants are incorrect (I have a thread about it)), the right fonts (have missed some of these in the past), the right logos and helmets, and so on.

If there is only going to be one NFL licensed game, it needs to represent the NFL impeccably.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: How important is it to you for players in madden to look like their real counterp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Just so that we are all on the same page, what I am hearing from some of you is that this image of Peyton Manning doesn't bother you.

No, doesn't bother me, looks close enough. Now if this was a basketball game where faces are completely exposed at all time then probably.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #75
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

After playing NBA 2K11-12? They better look correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 4

After looking at that picture again, I clearly care more about the sidelines becoming interactive and real.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #77
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
After playing NBA 2K11-12? They better look correct.
Exactly. When a game can get a player's entire body correct, there is no excuse for a game to not get just their face right.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #78
MVP

blklightning's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
After looking at that picture again, I clearly care more about the sidelines becoming interactive and real.
It would be cool if when you ran out of bounds you would sometimes knock over a cameraman or have a couple players on the sideline help you stop. I see that all the time when I watch games on TV, so there's no reason they shouldn't put it in the game.

They could even add stuff like "and it looks the cameraman has a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season" just for fun. Not sure the NFL would go for it though. Lol.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #79
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You don't think the picture I posted looks like him?
it absolutely looks exactly like him..my point was with the original picture posted on this thread with peyton wearing the o-lineman face mask ...im mean really, if that happened in a past version of madden,..it cant happen, it shouldnt happen ever again

as far as his face goes ..it looks close enough for me in both pics the one in indy and the one in denver ..after all it is a video game....

one players appearance that was off in last years madden that made no sense to me was deangelo williams... throughout all of the 20+ roster updates he had no dreads in madden...why??? he had dreads in real life , why was this not fixed at some point...was it laziness or lack of knowledge or some other reason

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 05-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »