Home

How important is it to you for players in madden to look like their real counterpart?

This is a discussion on How important is it to you for players in madden to look like their real counterpart? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How important is it to you?
Very important, I want every team perfect. 37 30.33%
I don't mind a couple minor players wrong here or there. 40 32.79%
Not a big deal to me as long as the big name players are right. 18 14.75%
I don't care as long as the gameplay is perfect!!! 27 22.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #65
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: How important is it to you for players in madden to look like their real counterp

I also find it funny that that picture of Manning is so wrong when the obviously correct face mask was in the game.

When people call the devs lazy, while incorrect, this is where it comes from. Seriously, "you" couldn't pick the right face mask for Peyton Manning? [I know KANE got his job after that game was made] It's not like they had to add his face mask to the game and that was the best mask available [which there were many other better ones to choose from as well]

Last edited by PGaither84; 05-26-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #66
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How important is it to you for players in madden to look like their real counterp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I also find it funny that that picture of manning is so wrong when the obviously correct face mask was in the game.

When people call the devs lazy, while incorrect, this is where it comes from. Seriously, "you" couldn't pick the right face mask for Peyton Manning? [I know KANE got his job after that game was made] It's not liek they had to add his face mask to the game and that was the best mask available [which there were many other better once to choose from as well]
They nailed it last year, I think Mike Young is the biggest reason for the major improvements with the realism of player's appearance.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #67
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16

It dosent matter because i am not looking at the players face. Just have there ratings, height, weight and picture of them right
Old 05-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #68
Rookie

JoSiiF's Arena

OVR: 8

If all of the players in-game faces were real and franchise mode was improved then i would buy this game the way it is right now. im tired of seeing generic faces everywhere. If the got phil simms and jim nantz faces in the game im hoping they got rid of most of the generic faces and put in real ones
Old 05-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #69
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

ok here's my two cents on this one...in this picture we have the "Sheriff" aka Peyton Manning one of the greatest QB's of this era and in the company of the greatest quarterbacks of all time...If you (EASPORTS) arent going to spend the time to make sure his build/equipment/face/throwing motion etc. are correct than whats the point of making anybodies appearance accurate???

I mean really.... if you cant get peyton right.. who can you get right..it comes down to two things they are either lazy or just dont really care or maybe its both----i hope those days are over.... we will all soon see, wont we
Old 05-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #70
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
ok here's my two cents on this one...in this picture we have the "Sheriff" aka Peyton Manning one of the greatest QB's of this era and in the company of the greatest quarterbacks of all time...If you (EASPORTS) arent going to spend the time to make sure his build/equipment/face/throwing motion etc. are correct than whats the point of making anybodies appearance accurate???

I mean really.... if you cant get peyton right.. who can you get right..it comes down to two things they are either lazy or just dont really care or maybe its both----i hope those days are over.... we will all soon see, wont we
You don't think the picture I posted looks like him?
Old 05-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #71
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They nailed it last year, I think Mike Young is the biggest reason for the major improvements with the realism of player's appearance.
It was better the next year in 09, not just last year. I was just making the point that SOME players shouldn't be wrong in the first place... not like that.

There is no reason that Justin Smith, Joe Staley, and others should still be wrong.

Also, I am glad I don't play MUT. Jerry Rice, in the video I have seen, looks nothing like Jerry Rice. Talk about milking a cash cow. I don't think any of the retired super stars have their likenesses in.

Last edited by PGaither84; 05-26-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Having players look real is fine and I welcome it as an afterthought, but if they move and perform like robots or superhuman beings, it's all meaningless with regards to authenticity. Madden has always blown 2k out of the water with regards to graphics, it's the way the players move and interact that crushes Madden and creates the heated debates, and that's what gives people the impression that the players are really who they are as opposed to mindless drones moving in unison.
So who's responsible for how the players look while they are in motion?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »