Home

Anote on the R1 (Cover the ball) button...

This is a discussion on Anote on the R1 (Cover the ball) button... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Anote on the R1 (Cover the ball) button...

I've heard people complain about the cover up button and how it doesn't work. Generally I've had success with it...except in a big part of the game when i can be squeezing for dear life and my back fumbles anyway.

Finally after fumbling on the goal line in a big spot yesterday I ran the replay back to find that my back NEVER COVERED UP! I had hit the button but the replay clearly showed that he didn't do it.

I went into practice mode and discovered the following: Like the interception button, you have to hit the button well before you'd think. With the back it seems that if you dont' cover right away through the hole the tackle animation kicks in and you never get the cover.

In the times I fumbled I realize it was when I'd gotten through the hole, was now sprinting and then tried to cover as I was about to be hit. The tackle animation took over and I never got the cover up. So frustrating as it is...there is a reason that it didn't work.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Anote on the R1 (Cover the ball) button...

That's super helpful. I found the same to be true with the trucking animation, which you have to start 2-3 yards ahead of your target.

Does the cover up animation generate cool tackling animations?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
That's super helpful. I found the same to be true with the trucking animation, which you have to start 2-3 yards ahead of your target.

Does the cover up animation generate cool tackling animations?

I"ve not noticed that...I'll pay closer attention but the guy does cover up and sometimes this lowers his shoulder and he plows ahead....I've seen a sort of "physics-ish" response where he covers up and hits the DB, knocking him backwards and picking up and extra few yards.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I've noticed the same. If your guy doesn't have time to cover up the ball, then it's too late.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Very interesting. I will have to look at my fumbles more closely from now on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
Rookie

deadly738's Arena

OVR: 0

Yep this is how I think it is. You have to hold R1 well before you get tackled to allow the "cover up" animation to play out in order for it to work. If the animation does not play out it won't be effective.
When I scramble with Joe Flacco he fumbles almost all the time when he gets hit. But when I use R1 & let the "cover the ball" animation play out, he almost never fumbles now.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly738
Yep this is how I think it is. You have to hold R1 well before you get tackled to allow the "cover up" animation to play out in order for it to work. If the animation does not play out it won't be effective.
When I scramble with Joe Flacco he fumbles almost all the time when he gets hit. But when I use R1 & let the "cover the ball" animation play out, he almost never fumbles now.
Is there a way to do this in the pocket? That would be a great feature if it's not in there already. Some QBs who are fumble prone fumble WAY too much. There needs to be a tuck animation if there isn't already one.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

I found the same to be true with the trucking animation

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »