Home

Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - New Playable Zoom Camera View

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - New Playable Zoom Camera View within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #81
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - New Playable Zoom Camera View

For all intents and purposes, I'll likely stick w/ the default cam. But dang, this zoom cam is certainly intriguing.

Definitely have to see how it behaves during live-gameplay, but it looks good enough for me to give it a shot. I just have to see what sort of experience it gives you. For example, are you still able to detect when a WR gets behind a safety so you can hit him for a big play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #82
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
For all intents and purposes, I'll likely stick w/ the default cam. But dang, this zoom cam is certainly intriguing.

Definitely have to see how it behaves during live-gameplay, but it looks good enough for me to give it a shot. I just have to see what sort of experience it gives you. For example, are you still able to detect when a WR gets behind a safety so you can hit him for a big play?
That's pretty much how I feel also. It seems that you will be able to gauge separation on crossing routes better, but I'm not sure about deep fly routes. I'll definitely give it a try.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #83
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallace1975
The "dead space" below the QB is necessary for the angle to be playable. If you pull the camera closer to eliminate that space, then you'll lose more viewing area to the left and right, which would make it hard to see the receivers on the outside and would also make it hard to keep an eye on blitzing cornerbacks before it's too late. I would actually want this camera pulled back just a touch more to ensure that I could see receivers on quick outs and especially a receiver waiting for a screen pass on the field side when snapping from the left or right hash.
This is exactly what I've been thinking;thats why I've always thought that the guys should take the fisheye route.Non the less this will do until later

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 2
Closer would be awesome. Imagine seeing the picture above and being able to move the right stick to see what's unable to be seen. I would be paying closer to attention on each play.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 49

The photo is way too zoomed out. There is no point in having a zoom camera anymore because it has gotten closer and closer every year until now it is just a lower version of the standard cam. A zoom cam was my favorite since Madden 10. It is true the screen passes are a bit harder to pull off, but I was happy to loose that to enjoy the feeling of being more in the action. I simply can't get into the Madden 13 standard cam which is now like a sky cam in every sense IMO.

The following is my idea for Madden 14's default cam, which will cover far/standard/close up cams at the flick of the right thumb stick. The reason I like this idea is because it can also be tied into QB awareness in many different ways.

I introduce to the forum Wheelman's Madden 14 default passing cam concept #1(lol):

The first thing most will notice is that even though this is how we all would like to play football, we can't see the sidelines right? Well with a simple flick down on the right thumb stick the cam quickly changes to this(personally can't see zooming out much more. Can see defenders on screens just fine:

Now lets say you want to go for that deep pass, or maybe just improve the accuracy of a throw? I suggest a focus mode type cam(like backbreaker idea) that with a simply flick up(or two flicks up from the zoomed out sideline cam) you get a cam like this.

With this cam a QB's accuracy comes into play. Depending on rating when in this cam your QB can get a slight boost in pass completion percentage. This doesn't have to be a huge difference, but definitely one that is noticed with QB's like Manning & Brady.

With screen plays, they could start it at the zoomed out cam at snap(2nd photo) if people are worried about the cam not switching fast enough to set up screen.

My final thoughts on a zoom cam for Madden 13 is this:
I think a zoom cam should be a zoom cam. I really liked Maden 10's zoom cam and I don't remember anyone complaining about it besides the people who prefer the standard cam. I really don't understand why this was changed yet again. I am really let down on this. I saw the thread title new playable zoom cam and got pretty excited. When I looked and saw the zoom cam has now been turned into a lower standard cam, I was yet again let down with a released Madden 13 feature. Really confused to why they thought this was a priority at all.

Last edited by wheelman990; 05-30-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallace1975
The "dead space" below the QB is necessary for the angle to be playable. If you pull the camera closer to eliminate that space, then you'll lose more viewing area to the left and right, which would make it hard to see the receivers on the outside and would also make it hard to keep an eye on blitzing cornerbacks before it's too late. I would actually want this camera pulled back just a touch more to ensure that I could see receivers on quick outs and especially a receiver waiting for a screen pass on the field side when snapping from the left or right hash.
Actually, you can pull the camera down, you will just get more stadium view. I would take that over the empty green grass any day. While it is important to be able to see your DE's rushing the qb, this screen is too high. Way to much grass being viewed and looks odd IMO. Also take a look at my photo's above. From photo 1 &2 there is a huge difference in zoom level, yet you only loose one or two player width of sideline viewing(kept the ratio/etc the same) on each side. While to some that width may be important, I don't think it's worth ruining the up close football experience. Its either those 3-4 screen passes per game, or a great up close camera on every single play IMO. Take a look at my above idea for madden 14 though. best of booth worlds!

I don't see why we need 2 standard cam options and no zoom cam option. What happened to the beautiful zoom cam Madden 10 had? That was awesome. Us guys who like to get in the action had a cam too. Next the broadcast view will be zoomed out even more and possibly turned to match the standard cam view? IMO the devs have really ruined the zoom camera work done by the Madden 10 team. Really let down yet again, this time it is a huge feature for me.

Look how close Madden 13's ZOOM CAM is to being a endzone cam! That is crazy. Also tilting cam gives you more viewing of sidelines and allows it to be zoomed in more with same viewable sidelines/etc

Last edited by wheelman990; 05-30-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #87
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

To me it's clearly meant to be a feature to allow for more immersion or an alternative way to play without handcuffing casual players in the process by reducing the amount of field you are seeing. We aren't quarterbacks, we don't have the instincts, we haven't gone through OTAs, etc... and are calling plays sometimes for the first time ever while playing a game rather than executing a gameplan we've spent all week or longer preparing for.

This is why I don't expect to see a first-person/too-far-in zoom camera unless it's something easy to do as part of putting in some new system that makes it simple to provide more options/customization.

Also, I think we could be missing out by not seeing this in motion. It's a zoom camera after all, not a 'Hello from the end zone behind you!'

Last edited by mestevo; 05-30-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 0
It sounds good but who knows intill you play with it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »