Home

Forward Progress: 4-3 Over Plus: Cover 1 (Run Defense)

This is a discussion on Forward Progress: 4-3 Over Plus: Cover 1 (Run Defense) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
ZAN
EA Game Changer

OVR: 0
Re: Forward Progress: 4-3 Over Plus: Cover 1 (Run Defense)

my bad gentlemen,

back to your regularly scheduled complaints about how (insert play here) is cheesy or how the grass textures arent realistic/how Ben Roethlisberger's mole isn't in the correct spot. didn't know that gameplay posts were frowned upon.

too many guys playin armchair developer at this place/are abrasive to anything posted.

my apologies for posting something aimed to help you improve your game. why would I waste my time editing videos if I didn't want to help?!...exactly

you can leave the de in a rushing assignment, but I figure the buzz zone helps stop the tight end slant outs that so many of you guys complain about.

Last edited by ZAN; 05-31-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Is this not a SIM site? What's the deal with some of the non-sense I'm seeing posted.
I actually don't see anywhere where it says SIM Madden or anything near that anywhere. Just because people post a lot of SIM things doesn't mean the entire Madden forum is SIM.

Not like this play is glitchy anyways, seems pretty real to me. You can always take that purple out, he just did that to keep people from abusing outside slants.

Thanks for the post ZAN.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #11
ZAN
EA Game Changer

OVR: 0

Thanks, Evan.

Much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25
Should be a very helpful post for some that don't already use the concept in one form or another.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

That's all pretty interesting, except the buzz zone vs. a run call seems designed to stop a questionable online tactic rather than address an actual run fit for its own sake. I wonder if a contain assignment might be truer to an NFL concept for defending certain runs. Just an idea.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
I actually don't see anywhere where it says SIM Madden or anything near that anywhere. Just because people post a lot of SIM things doesn't mean the entire Madden forum is SIM.

Not like this play is glitchy anyways, seems pretty real to me. You can always take that purple out, he just did that to keep people from abusing outside slants.

Thanks for the post ZAN.
Damn shame. I could see inserting a buzz when defending the pass, but when someone's advertising a 'run stopping' defense with a DE in a buzz it looks tourney style to me. But hey whatever, I rely on non gimmick defense vs users.

Another poster mentioned a DE contain assignment, that makes much more sense.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAN
Hey everyone. Another video for you guys who struggle to stop the run (especially the Strong Close stuff).

Forward Progress Madden: 4-3 Over Plus - Cover 1 (Run D) - YouTube

Check it out, rate it, subscribe, and comment!

Thanks,
ZAN
I watched a few of your videos and they were very informative and entertaining.

It would be very cool if, after showcasing an offense, you flip to the defense and show the best way to stop it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Damn shame. I could see inserting a buzz when defending the pass, but when someone's advertising a 'run stopping' defense with a DE in a buzz it looks tourney style to me. But hey whatever, I rely on non gimmick defense vs users.

Another poster mentioned a DE contain assignment, that makes much more sense.
whats the big deal?

if you dont wanna put the buzz in then dont

Dont wanna get into a sim/unsim debate in this thread but I MYSELF as a DE in high school have played the run when my assignment was the curl flats

Its a play call....Just because your supposed to play the curl flats in pass coverage doesnt mean your omitted from the run game if its a run. If it is 2nd and 5 and its the play call you play run to pass. Meaning you still take your run steps until you can distinguish run/pass which is done very quickly from the DL.

If it is 3rd and long you can cheat to your zone.

Again its no big deal. If you dont like the curl flat zone dont put the player in it...Your going to call a play gimmicky and a damn shame and nonsense because of 1 player in a curl flat...A player who doesnt NEED TO BE IN IT at that.

You dont have to use the play but theres no need to name call it esp when somebody went out of their way to try to help other players out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »