Home

Forward Progress: 4-3 Over Plus: Cover 1 (Run Defense)

This is a discussion on Forward Progress: 4-3 Over Plus: Cover 1 (Run Defense) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
ZAN
EA Game Changer

OVR: 0
Forward Progress: 4-3 Over Plus: Cover 1 (Run Defense)

Hey everyone. Another video for you guys who struggle to stop the run (especially the Strong Close stuff).

Forward Progress Madden: 4-3 Over Plus - Cover 1 (Run D) - YouTube

Check it out, rate it, subscribe, and comment!

Thanks,
ZAN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Forward Progress: 4-3 Over Plus: Cover 1 (Run Defense)

That is hard to do when you are getting quick snapped. Not only that but in the video you used Dallas O-line. Their o line is very bad. You could stop the cows run game with base defenses and no manual shifting of several players.

If you try that against Min, Hou, Miami, or ATL and you will get gashed from my experience.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
This is something that works very well against the run and contains the edge well. I have used it for quite a while.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
ZAN
EA Game Changer

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
That is hard to do when you are getting quick snapped. Not only that but in the video you used Dallas O-line. Their o line is very bad. You could stop the cows run game with base defenses and no manual shifting of several players.

If you try that against Min, Hou, Miami, or ATL and you will get gashed from my experience.

Take your pick of the best rushing offense and also choose (in your opinion) the worst rushing defense, and I'll throw this defense against it.

You have 5 seconds to set up this defense if your opponent is hustling to the line of scrimmage to quick snap. This setup is really only 3 steps.

1. Shift DL left
2. Reblitz NT
3. Place RDE (on screen) in a buzz zone

I can do that in about 2 seconds. Leaving me 3 seconds to make whatever other adjustments I want to the defense...
Old 05-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Question: Are you going to flood the forum with this stuff? I don't have any interest in seeing half the first page full of these threads. Especially since your motivation seems to be driving traffic away from here and towards your youtube channel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Personally this seems like a Madden defense to run vs the run as in gimmicky, what NFL team drops a DE into curl/flats (aka buzz zone) to defend the run.

Also isn't there a strategy forum, also I'd suggest embedding the video but I'd never run this defense in a game. Is this not a SIM site? What's the deal with some of the non-sense I'm seeing posted.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Personally this seems like a Madden defense to run vs the run as in gimmicky, what NFL team drops a DE into curl/flats (aka buzz zone) to defend the run.

Also isn't there a strategy forum, also I'd suggest embedding the video but I'd never run this defense in a game. Is this not a SIM site? What's the deal with some of the non-sense I'm seeing posted.

im pretty sure an nfl team has dropped a DE into a buzz zone before vs run iv seen it on pass plays. if you search im ssure theres tape of it vs the run, and no i dont think this is a sim site, its a madden forum for people to post about madden
Old 05-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
im pretty sure an nfl team has dropped a DE into a buzz zone before vs run iv seen it on pass plays. if you search im ssure theres tape of it vs the run, and no i dont think this is a sim site, its a madden forum for people to post about madden
Enough said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »