Home

Fight for the Fumble

This is a discussion on Fight for the Fumble within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Fight for the Fumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
it's more than just a cut scene, but yes. I want a pile up when there shoudl be a pile up.

In Madden 10 and 11, there were strip sacks where a pile up happens liek in real life. Now in Madden 12 we have gone back to the classic strip sack TD recovery by the D. The strip sack score is very rare in the NFL and normally only when the ball goes flying out of the QBs hands wildly in one direction far from the reaches of an unsuspecting O-lineman.

When I play Madden 12, almost every strip sack turns into a TD.

There are too many times where there should be a pile up and you don't know who is going to come up with the ball. With the feature set to "Off" in Madden 10 and 11, that's what happened and like 90% o the time you didn't feel cheated. Normally, if the animation triggered after a clear recovery, the one who fell on it won. Madden 11 made it better, as it would trigger on almost every fumble in Madden 10 and no one tried to scoop it up in 10. I though Madden 12 was going to improve the fEAture more. InstEAd, POOF! It's gone.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/122268143
It seems like it could be easily remedied by just having guys dive onto the ball instead of simply scooping. My biggest problem with FFTF in both 10 and 11 was when I would force a fumble, I'd have two guys dive on the ball with an opposing player standing behind them. Cut scene hits, and it's not my ball. There was too many moments, even when it was off, where I either felt cheated or like I didn't deserve to have the ball.

I'm all for having more pile ups rather than guys scooping as long as in situations where I clearly got or lost the ball, the outcome matched and was believable.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #18
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
to me the outcome was completely predetermined. Nothing worse than falling on a fumble and 2 seconds later players pile on top and you somehow lose the ball. once you fall on the ball and someone jumps on top of you, you are down. It shouldnt allow the scrum for the ball. That pretty much goes against the down by contact rule of football.
wow u must not hear of all the things that players have said about trying to recover a fumble then in real nfl players do just about anything to get the ball and recover.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

fight for the fumble was great even tho some people online would mess that up with their modded controllers but this is on the same list as the cone the 7 man tackle (pro-tak) and even tho its never been on madden the ice the kicker feature from NCAA should be on madden because idc what anyone says that does exist in the NFL just ask Dallas ice the kicker is one of the best features that no one talks about ....but all those things should be implemented some way into madden rather then thrown away and never thought of again by the developers
Old 06-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #20
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
wow u must not hear of all the things that players have said about trying to recover a fumble then in real nfl players do just about anything to get the ball and recover.
Yea, you must not actually be reading his post...

He's talking about when there is a clear recovery...one guy falls on the ball, plain as day where the refs could see it (if it were a real game) and somehow fight for the fumble insues (when it shouldn't) and you lose the ball.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 22

I didn't care much for it because it seemed too "canned" ..as in it got stale after the first season or so ..you cant do that with video games..this is why i harp on the cut scenes being important ONLY if there are enough variation of them..if there aren't enough variation of them...it ruins the entire reason of having cut scenes. The same thing happened with fight for the fumble..to me it was just another cut scene that repeated too much...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
What did you think of "fight for the fumble?
If it was decided by ratings or the players physical attributes or something of that nature - I'd like it.

If it was just 50/50 or whoever happened to win the button battle, then that isn't the best, imo. At least have something to influence how hard it is for one side to win over the other.

I don't know if I want FotF or how it is in M12 (tons of 'scoop and score'), but more where it's harder for players to get possession because of how a football can bounce and be hard to pick up/fall on. 'Scramble for the Fumble', I guess, where the ball doesn't just lie there where to be pounced on all the time, but where it get kicked and pushed around, etc.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
I didn't care much for it because it seemed too "canned" ..as in it got stale after the first season or so ..you cant do that with video games..this is why i harp on the cut scenes being important ONLY if there are enough variation of them..if there aren't enough variation of them...it ruins the entire reason of having cut scenes. The same thing happened with fight for the fumble..to me it was just another cut scene that repeated too much...
the fight for the fumble was really stupid bcos of the cut scene. a good way to implement the fight for the fumble is to let alot of player dive on the ball in real time. adding variations of cut scene wont solve the problem but add to the stupidity.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #24
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree with what Dabear23 said. I am surprised so many people are saying they liked fight for the fumble. All it added was a button mashing mini game that could be turned off and an extremely repetitive cut scene that made no sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »