Home

Is Real Time Physics REALLY the Main Issue With Madden?

This is a discussion on Is Real Time Physics REALLY the Main Issue With Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #33
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Is Real Time Physics REALLY the Main Issue With Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I'm not defensive about it. It just certainly seems that once again (like every year) people look for a scapegoat as to why they are excited. Its not my fault that someone posts every tweet we have here on this site. We haven't been hyping anything really, those tweets were honest on the spot thoughts, you (the users) have been hyping it among yourselves for the last month. My tweets are my own personal thoughts, not to make you guys freak out. Some of you over analyze every tweet, post, blog and blow it up into something that doesn't even resemble reality. You feed each others curiosity and then start going off on a tangent about what it may be and how wrong it will be and why it should be something else.

for the record, i did not throw out my Madden 12 (it has a browns player on the cover so I can't do that). But it has not been in my PS3 since I came back from Tiburon.

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter what we think, all that should affect your decision on if you will enjoy or purchase the game is your own personal feelings. Folks need to stop relying on other peoples perceptions. Obviously each and every one of us differ on what we fell is important so why rely on someone elses thoughts?
I agree with you. But, in all fairness, it you didn't want the "hype train" to roll, why use Twitter? Even if the tweets weren't meant for us, they were public for your followers. SMS or email is private. And EA has had it's share of hype with phrases like the "perfect storm this year" from Cam Weber. Like I said, I do agree about that aspect of this whole deal. Now as to the "doesn't even resemble reality" stuff, what has been speculated that is so far from reality? Especially if things like RTP have been done in other games; EA Sports games? Or halftime shows? Or realistic locomotion/momentum? Maybe the only reality is that Tiburon can't do it. Not in the the time frame we're talking about. Maybe not ever. But that's a whole different can of worms.... Peace!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 06-03-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #34
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I'm not defensive about it. It just certainly seems that once again (like every year) people look for a scapegoat as to why they are excited. Its not my fault that someone posts every tweet we have here on this site. We haven't been hyping anything really, those tweets were honest on the spot thoughts, you (the users) have been hyping it among yourselves for the last month. My tweets are my own personal thoughts, not to make you guys freak out. Some of you over analyze every tweet, post, blog and blow it up into something that doesn't even resemble reality. You feed each others curiosity and then start going off on a tangent about what it may be and how wrong it will be and why it should be something else.

for the record, i did not throw out my Madden 12 (it has a browns player on the cover so I can't do that). But it has not been in my PS3 since I came back from Tiburon.

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter what we think, all that should affect your decision on if you will enjoy or purchase the game is your own personal feelings. Folks need to stop relying on other peoples perceptions. Obviously each and every one of us differ on what we fell is important so why rely on someone elses thoughts?
I see what you are saying here and I respect that. But there is also a element of " with great power comes great responsibility" I guess it's the you should of known factor, for some of the hardcore member thats been around longer know to not have as high expectation when it comes to madden but also as a game changer you know anything you say will be analyze to a T. You are the one with the inside scoop and have seen the game of course people are going to expectation base on what you guys see and say. That's what you guy's are here as, a mediator between the community and EA.

I'm a cop and I know everything I do and say have consequnce. I always watch what I say and do all the time. It's not fair and I hate but I can't blame anyone else for choosing what I do it comes with the job.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #35
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd like to chime in on this. Not trying to start anything but honestly I was starting to doubt the big announcement again today, until someone reposted those tweets. The only "monumental change" for me would be the RTP, is it my fault to think that, sure.

Whether you like it or not those tweets do hype this announcement. To say that Madden 13 makes Madden 12 and all others look old means this gameplay is very different, to me that can only mean RTP because this is a contact sport and the only game from EA that hasn't used RTP yet. Again those are my expectations/predictions and I take full responsibility for them but please you game changers respect the fact that we are fans of the game and the only thing we can do is speculate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #36
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

You know it's getting down to the wire now, so I did a Google search about EA AI and look what popped up. LOL

http://www.ea.com/nba-jam-on-fire/blog/what-is-real-ai

I can't believe this is the first time I am seeing this but it pretty much describes an advanced version of the VIP system from the Dreamcast. Like I stated in another thread, having players behave and adapt according to their attributes and those of the personnel around them, maybe even including height and weight would inherently change the game.

Something like that in the AI, while not physics, could definitely make all player attributes, including height and weight, much more realistically relevant.

EDIT*- Also wanted to add again, regardless of what more June 4th will or will not reveal about upgraded physics, some of you might want to reread some of the early impressions of M13. Some have already mentioned what seem to be upgrades to the Collision System in regard to WR/DB interaction when the ball is in the air and even tackles. In fairness, some also mention what seem to be player specific AI/personality upgrades too, so June 4th might flesh them both out.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 06-03-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 8

To answer the OP's question, yes. Real time physics really is the main issue with madden. FIFA and NHL now have incredible movement and collision engines. If madden incorporated RTP to movement, blocking, tackling, throwing, kicking, catching, etc. then almost everything people complain about gameplay wise (except AI) would ultimately be fixed IMO.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #38
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
You know it's getting down to the wire now, so I did a Google search about EA AI and look what popped up. LOL

http://www.ea.com/nba-jam-on-fire/blog/what-is-real-ai

I can't believe this is the first time I am seeing this but it pretty much describes an advanced version of the VIP system from the Dreamcast. Like I stated in another thread, having players behave and adapt according to their attributes and those of the personnel around them, maybe even including height and weight would inherently change the game.

Something like that in the AI, while not physics, could definitely make all player attributes, including height and weight, much more realistically relevant.

EDIT*- Also wanted to add again, regardless of what more June 4th will or will not reveal about upgraded physics, some of you might want to reread some of the early impressions of M13. Some have already mentioned what seem to be upgrades to the Collision System in regard to WR/DB interaction when the ball is in the air and even tackles. In fairness, some also mention what seem to be player specific AI/personality upgrades too, so June 4th might flesh them both out.

Nice find and that would actually be a really great announcement as well. We'll find out tomorrow!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #39
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
To answer the OP's question, yes. Real time physics really is the main issue with madden. FIFA and NHL now have incredible movement and collision engines. If madden incorporated RTP to movement, blocking, tackling, throwing, kicking, catching, etc. then almost everything people complain about gameplay wise (except AI) would ultimately be fixed IMO.

I agree. As a former college/high school football player I always enjoy playing football games but the one thing to me that has never been implemented correctly is the physical contact. I played defense myself and unfortunately defense in Madden/NCAA is just not that fun. What makes defense so fun? It's the contact, it's blowing up blocks, not just making that big hit but feeling it, the fun factor is just the ability to knock the crap out of people. I have more fun in NHL 12 playing defense than in Madden/NCAA and it is because I can hit anyone (sure it might be a penalty) but I feel it everytime.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
"hype train"
Not directed an anyone, just couldn't pass this one up.

I'd prefer to ride into tomorrow on the Night Train instead of the Hype Train. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »