Home

Is Real Time Physics REALLY the Main Issue With Madden?

This is a discussion on Is Real Time Physics REALLY the Main Issue With Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #57
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Is Real Time Physics REALLY the Main Issue With Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Good, marathon post.

This article should make you a bit happier, perhaps.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...of-madden.aspx

It's funny. I just linked to it and read the comments. I also read the stuff on PastaPadre's comments and polls. As much as it seems we're the "ungrateful" here at OS, we are not alone. The more I read comments from any source that carries Madden news, it seems to me that there is what I would have to consider a groundswell of voices calling for Madden to up the ante. I'm not bringing this up just to bash the game or studio. I actually see this as a reason to hope. If I'm reading this stuff, they must be,too. And maybe, just maybe, this is the driving force that Madden needs. Even if it's not realized until "next-gen...."

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #58
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
I truely believe that tomorrow they will present multiple player collision physic. When they implemented the double tackles last year the also implemented collision physic if you all remember but when you played the ge last year did you notice that on the double tackles the 1st player hits the ball carrier one direction and the second player hits the ball carrier another direction and the 1st defender would fall off and not hot hold on.

I think tomorrow we will see true gang tackle with physic but that's it as far as RTP. We'll also see DDP II
I hope thats not the case because another football game represented that aspect of football really well and it was several years ago
Old 06-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 15

I think it would be great if they had a huge AI overhaul. To be quite honest, sports games should CONSTANTLY be updating the AI to make it as realistic as possible. However, what they are planning on revealing tomorrow is something we should all notice VISUALLY. They have already told us that they have been withholding gameplay because they are waiting to reveal something. This means that we should all instantly notice the difference when they add this new gameplay feature in.

An AI overhaul would not be something we would be able to visibly see. It would be a (welcomed) under the hood gameplay addition
Old 06-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #60
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I think it would be great if they had a huge AI overhaul. To be quite honest, sports games should CONSTANTLY be updating the AI to make it as realistic as possible. However, what they are planning on revealing tomorrow is something we should all notice VISUALLY. They have already told us that they have been withholding gameplay because they are waiting to reveal something. This means that we should all instantly notice the difference when they add this new gameplay feature in.

An AI overhaul would not be something we would be able to visibly see. It would be a (welcomed) under the hood gameplay addition
Let me ask you this. would you rather have a complete ai overhaul or would you rather have rtp in the game. now understand what has the game looked like for several years now. Which one would you think would make a bigger change to how the game looks. Ai overhaul may only fix how the game plays but rtp is capable of fixing how the game looks as well as fixing how it plays.

Understand i am not expecting rtp to be shown on june 4th i just cant believe the amount of ppl that if they had their choice would prefer another year of ai tweaking as opposed to a brand new phsyics engine

Last edited by PRAY IV M3RCY; 06-03-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #61
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
On the court... That game is a band aided mess

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
And 2K has some of the most pathetic AI I have ever seen in a sports title.

Fix one problem, something else breaks.
And I bet if you described what problems you seen with the AI I could give you something IN GAME that will fix it.

You see, other games give you options while EA does not. Whats sad is that you have to compare a basketball game to a football game. Every genre of sports has something close to a realistic representation except for football. Stop defending the game so much. Stop trying to put down 2k -- y'all sound just like the LIVE devs right now.

GameChangers hyped this thing up, now its time to see what they were talking about. If it turns out to be small, nobody will care but then again nobody will care what y'all say next year. It'll be like the boy who cried wolf. If it turns out to be something good (and implemented well) then maybe they 'hype tweets' were justified. When you compare the news to the death that 200,000 Japanese faced in WWII, you get what you want -- attention (and hype).

Tomorrow will be the day in which we finally get to see what the noise was all about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
And I bet if you described what problems you seen with the AI I could give you something IN GAME that will fix it.

You see, other games give you options while EA does not. Whats sad is that you have to compare a basketball game to a football game. Every genre of sports has something close to a realistic representation except for football. Stop defending the game so much. Stop trying to put down 2k -- y'all sound just like the LIVE devs right now.

GameChangers hyped this thing up, now its time to see what they were talking about. If it turns out to be small, nobody will care but then again nobody will care what y'all say next year. It'll be like the boy who cried wolf. If it turns out to be something good (and implemented well) then maybe they 'hype tweets' were justified. When you compare the news to the death that 200,000 Japanese faced in WWII, you get what you want -- attention (and hype).

Tomorrow will be the day in which we finally get to see what the noise was all about.
Actually, they helped hyped it up. My first hype came directly from EA's marketing dept, monumental game play reveal.

Any over extended hype is on me, not some strangers I don't know on the net. ie, I'll evaluate the news myself and be surprised or disappointed on my own.

I saw the tweets posted, but just like anything else, take like a grain of salt until you try it own your own.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree with the OP 100%. This is what's wrong with the game to me.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #64
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign

How do you not expect hype when you compare it to a historic event like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »