Home

I Believe HDR Lighting Is Messing Up The Color Of The Overall Game!

This is a discussion on I Believe HDR Lighting Is Messing Up The Color Of The Overall Game! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: I Believe HDR Lighting Is Messing Up The Color Of The Overall Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Graffitti x
looks perfect to me especially the rams jersey looks spot on ... and I've never seen those screens but they look amazing
are those from 13? or 12? they do look amazing
Old 06-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #10
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
are those from 13? or 12? they do look amazing
The top image is 13, the middle is 12.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeteam_ceo
Eventhough its makes the game more easier to see,its washes out the jerseys!

Compare ALL The Colors!
Looks friggen beautiful to me and im a pure graphics whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeteam_ceo
But They Preach Authenticity But We Settle For Less.Competition Is The Only Way To Stop This!
Stop what? Your opinion? Come on..the game looks great in those pics...you're either trying to bash the game over something thats in your mind or you're out to bash them for the heck of it.

I been into the graphics side of things when it comes to video games for many years and the pictures you displayed look awesome and that is a unbiased opinion..going down to the shades of color is pushing it. Its not like the shade of color is obviously bad unless some how you're putting it under the microscope which for some odd reason i believe you are....they look fine and i welcome the HDR lighting..it does way more good for the game than bad..in fact there is not any bad done from HDR..it only helps the visuals, plain and simple.

If there were any issues i had with Madden's graphics it definitely was the drab shades of the color pallet they used in previous madden's. This year the colors finally have "punch" and "vibrant" to them..and i think we can thank HDR lighting for some of this.

One thing i like to point out to you is that you are comparing a videogame to a real life picture..do you realize how many generations we are from a videogame sporting visuals that match real-life imaging? The next generation of consoles still wont be close to visually matching photo-realistic graphics..although it will be a nice step closer to it. For what it is "this generation" ..i think madden looks pretty good considering. Bro..you are reaching..really reaching now..nothing is going to be spot on to the real deal..its simply not going to happen this generation nor next generation.

Last edited by Moegames; 06-03-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

IMO, it sets a mood for the game. I like the color filters. They add a dramatic style to the game we haven't seen before, and although they may be a little much for some....any positive innovation is a welcome change.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

This thread is a good example of a point I was trying to make a week or so ago. There should be no issue with anyone posting whatever they want to in a constructive manner, positive, negative or indifferent because they are exposing their opinion to equal scrutiny.

This is the inherent balance of a well regulated internet forum, imo, and one of the main reasons I currently enjoy OS.

My opinion on HDR lighting is, I definitely felt like it added to the visuals in Madden 12 and actually made them "pop". I am not hardly a graphics enthusiast but the promotion of colors being more vibrant for M12 by EA/Tiburon, turned out to be true, imo.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This thread is a good example of a point I was trying to make a week or so ago. There should be no issue with anyone posting whatever they want to in a constructive manner, positive, negative or indifferent because they are exposing their opinion to equal scrutiny.

This is the inherent balance of a well regulated internet forum, imo, and one of the main reasons I currently enjoy OS.

My opinion on HDR lighting is, I definitely felt like it added to the visuals in Madden 12 and actually made them "pop". I am not hardly a graphics enthusiast but the promotion of colors being more vibrant for M12 by EA/Tiburon, turned out to be true, imo.
Pretty much people against it are saying they would rather watch the movie 300 without that gritty dramatic filter, no way it would be the same. The filters enhance media and games as we see them today, and truly are a welcome change that was long overdue.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

HDR lighting was NOT in madden 12 but it will be in for madden 13..HDR lighting was ncaa only last year if i remember correctly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #16
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
HDR lighting was NOT in madden 12 but it will be in for madden 13..HDR lighting was ncaa only last year if i remember correctly
Yep. This year is the first year for HDR in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »