Home

Official Madden 13 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 13 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #25
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official Madden 13 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I like how the DE disengaged and didn't play patty-cake all day long to force the QB to throw.

Nice.
Watch Gore at 1:23 when the defender comes to sack Montana
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #26
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I like how quickly the QB gets rid of the ball and how he doesn't get sucked into a sack like before. Looks awesome.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #27
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I think the interaction looks much better as well. There seems to be more realistic fighting at the point of impact, but not the patty cake weakness of the past by the DE. He seemed to get off the block quicker. There was an interior block by Staley (I think) that looked nicer as well. Seemed he had a good lock on the DT, that looks much better then it has in the past.

Looking forward to all the videos you find jp!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Watch Gore at 1:23 when the defender comes to sack Montana
Yeah that was nice.

A nice cut block bc you know Gore can't block a defensive lineman straight up.

Great move.

Great video showcasing the line interaction.

Keep em coming
Old 06-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #29
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm digging the in-pocket footwork that they worked on this year. Allows you to buy time but keeps the movement somewhat realistic looking.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #30
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I put a sticky on this thread for a few days so hopefully people will notice it and put there videos here instead of creating their own threads.

You need permission to promote your site, you tube channel podcats etc outside of this thread.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I like how the DE disengaged and didn't play patty-cake all day long to force the QB to throw.

Nice.
Yeah. I wanted the DE's to get up the field more though. It might be the result of the basic rush as a part of the play. I still want to see them use more moves. The DT's for instance are hand fighting rather than attempting a rip, spin, or swim move. It's good that they disengage and I knew the OL vs DL was going to be better than in the past. It still has a ways to go and they will get that done next year. I see Calias Campbell in one part up the field but is just shielded out of the play and it's like he has no options of getting past the OT.

That said, I like the impact when Jones comes into contact with LG #77. Watch #77's head pop back upon impact at the 00:30 mark. That looks good. You can also see they could be setting things up for Combo blocking as the Center starts with his arm reaching out at Jones as if he will jab him and then pass him to #77. That will most likely be next year.

At 1:03 I'm not for sure what #92 for the Cards, I believe that is Williams, I'm not for sure what he did to that RG. I like how they show the RG slip though when he turns around to try to get him. Then the FB picks him up with a cut block. QB getting outside, but this was a 3 man rush, is not a big deal.

At 1:16 it would have been great if Acho tried to club Staley with his left arm and make a move back inside. That's next year I'm hoping. This year I think all defenders will have is hand fighting. On the flip side, I like how Joe Staley is keeping him at back with his arms extended and pushes the rush behind the QB. All I would hope for, pending the rush call is that this set up faster.

It is progress.

Last edited by LBzrule; 06-05-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

If you get a chance can you post some video of how bruiser running backs are represented using the real time physics engine?

In years past RB's like Blount and Hillis could be tackled by a 180lb cornerback in a one on one open field situation. Now with RTP bruiser running backs should truck or drag small DB's.

Also, has the stiff arm animation been tuned? I've complaind about this in the past, not being very effective. But I think it is the most used form of trying to break a tackle in the NFL. I mean literaly every ball carrier uses it from Vince Wilfork interception/stiff arm/high step move against the Raiders to Marshawn Lynch amazing 67 yard run with the beast stiff arm against the Saints

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »