Home

EA Blogs On Connected Careers

This is a discussion on EA Blogs On Connected Careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #33
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Community Blog : Connected Careers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
so i take it you guys are excited? did i oversell it a few weeks ago?
Nothing personal, but if this is the "bomb" you were referring to, it's a massive oversell for me who is only interested in gameplay. I just want a game that I can sit down with and play for hours against the CPU and have a simulated organic gameplay experience.

Don't get me wrong, if this kind of thing is what you guys like I'm glad for you. I don't get all Dungeons and Dragons or text sim with my sports games, I'm happy to just have a one off exciting game or 2 or 3.

A bomb for me would be blowing up the whole gameplay structure and starting over which I've been begging for for a while. Looks like the single player Madden gamer will again be bitterly disappointed. It started with Madden 06 so I'm really used to it by now so I'll get over it. It's kind of like a reverse birthday or something, a holiday where I get a really bad gift.

I hope I'm wrong, but Madden is 0 for 7 for me this gen, my biggest gaming disappointment by far. Tiger 13 is fun though with the Country Clubs and tournaments, maybe I'll have to try playing Madden online with the Tradition Sports guys and see if I can squeeze some enjoyment out of the game that way this year.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #34
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Nothing personal, but if this is the "bomb" you were referring to, it's a massive oversell for me who is only interested in gameplay. I just want a game that I can sit down with and play for hours against the CPU and have a simulated organic gameplay experience.

Don't get me wrong, if this kind of thing is what you guys like I'm glad for you. I don't get all Dungeons and Dragons or text sim with my sports games, I'm happy to just have a one off exciting game or 2 or 3.

A bomb for me would be blowing up the whole gameplay structure and starting over which I've been begging for for a while. Looks like the single player Madden gamer will again be bitterly disappointed. It started with Madden 06 so I'm really used to it by now so I'll get over it. It's kind of like a reverse birthday or something, a holiday where I get a really bad gift.

I hope I'm wrong, but Madden is 0 for 7 for me this gen, my biggest gaming disappointment by far. Tiger 13 is fun though with the Country Clubs and tournaments, maybe I'll have to try playing Madden online with the Tradition Sports guys and see if I can squeeze some enjoyment out of the game that way this year.
Are you aware of this?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-nfl-13-a.html
Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #35
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

So the new physics does nothing for you, eh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #36
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Infinity engine! CC is GREAT, but the real "bomb" was the new physics engine. This will (hopefully) give you what you want, more organic gameplay.

EDIT: you guys are fast!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #37
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Well, yes now I am excited.

I thought the Connected Careers was the "bomb" and the RTP wasn't happening, well hallelujah, Madden may be good this year!

I clicked on new posts saw this thread and thought the "bomb" would be here, apparently it isnt!!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #38
Rookie

Automatik's Arena

OVR: 2

Is it hard to "level" up your player. Like say I want to have Champ Bailey's MCV 99. Or is going to be easy and someone can have Tom Brady at 90 speed etc...?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistertony25
My only concern is that the immersion between NCAA and Madden, most notably via the import/export of draft classes, is being lost. I'm interested in how we can still keep that. Sorry, I have no interest in a 32-person online experience.

what do u mean its being lost ?? i didnt read that.. But i do agree , im not interested in 32 people online.. im an OFFLINE player
Old 06-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #40
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatik
Is it hard to "level" up your player. Like say I want to have Champ Bailey's MCV 99. Or is going to be easy and someone can have Tom Brady at 90 speed etc...?

It is extremely difficult to improve on ratings. There was one point I tried to bump shaun rodgers BSH from 93 to 94 and it was 49K plus points. It would take me almost half of a season to upgrade that attribute. http://forums.traditionsportsonline....-it-all.78658/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »