Home

create or edit players in cc ?

This is a discussion on create or edit players in cc ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #665
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjneff
That's not completely true. Many players didn't progress well if they didn't play enough.
I don't think I've ever experienced an A-potential player not progressing at least 5 overall points. I actually debated this with members of an online franchise who were convinced their players would progress well solely because they cheesed with them, whereas I had several examples of lower rated, A-potential players who barely saw the field and still progressed 5 or so overall points. Maybe it was different for offline franchise, though. I didn't get far in that due to UDFAs and uneditable accelerated clock settings

Last edited by bichettehappens; 06-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #666
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: create or edit players in cc ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I don't see that as an issue though. Wasn't Aaron Rodgers a better QB when he finally became the starter than he was the day he got drafted? And he saw very little game action in that time. He improved because of practice, film room, weight room, and McCarthy's "QB school" whatever that is
I think the XP system closer replicates the "working on his game" more than magical progression for seemingly no reason. If you Draft a QB and sit him for three years, you can control the type of player he becomes and I like having that say rather than drafting a 66 A POT and him suddenly being an 82 by the time he's ready to come in as a starter.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #667
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
I think the XP system closer replicates the "working on his game" more than magical progression for seemingly no reason. If you Draft a QB and sit him for three years, you can control the type of player he becomes and I like having that say rather than drafting a 66 A POT and him suddenly being an 82 by the time he's ready to come in as a starter.
That's my thoughts exactly, thanks to players being able to earn XP in practice. I imagine they can earn points in pre-season as well. And given the development rating equating to more XP earned, a player like Rodgers would still be able to become a stud while on the bench just like in real life, if the coach focuses on developing him
Old 06-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #668
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
I agree in general. I was just making the point to DD that it's not completely far fetched for a player to improve without playing time. Also, it's not for no reason it's because he had high potential you may not agree with the reason, but there was a reason

Also, I can remember plenty of my players with A pot not increasing anywhere near 5 points a year with or without playing time. I'll be honest it actually frustrated me a little because I had a couple of 50s and 60s QBs who I wanted to make into stars, but never could

Last edited by moylan1234; 06-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #669
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I agree in general. I was just making the point to DD that it's not completely far fetched for a player to improve without playing time. Also, it's not for no reason it's because he had high potential you may not agree with the reason, but there was a reason

Also, I can remember plenty of my players with A pot not increasing anywhere near 5 points a year with or without playing time. I'll be honest it actually frustrated me a little because I had a couple of 50s and 60s QBs who I wanted to make into stars, but never could
It's not far fetched but it isn't exactly common. With the way it was with potential, whether it was Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers they'd both pretty much progress the same simply because they had A potential. One went number one and has played three seasons while one hasn't played at all and they've both progressed almost identically.

My main problem with potential before is that it always seem to override anything that happened on or off the field. I could draft an 80 QB with A potential and throw 30 interceptions in his rookie season and he would still go up five on his overall. I could not play him at all and he would still go up four or five. Or I could have a Pro Bowl season with a 70 CB who has F potential and he goes down one or two.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #670
MVP

OVR: 29

I hear you DD I just didn't see those same results like I said the progression I saw was more random. I had guys with A's progressing different from each other regardless of playing time and also had guys with Bs + Cs progress better than some As
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #671
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

This now comes to mind when I think of Donny Moore and his new found intrusion into my Video Game Football love

Lord Help Us!

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #672
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043756161
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »