Home

NCAA import gone this year

This is a discussion on NCAA import gone this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
Do you know for sure that's what they've been working on the last 3-4 years or was this a result of the "doubled game team". Not to mention they have been working on importing for 2-3 years too and no dice. To be honest, I'm not even entirely convinced this CC will not be bug filled. Did you see that whole NCAA website thing this year?

When it comes to EA Sports, I am purely "show me". No blog, gamechanger statement, or C-Day attendee can convince me of anything until I see it. I wouldn't be surprised to see importing players pop up as a $3.99 add on.

Again, salary cap and trade logic has me set to pre-order this game, but the lack of importing players really hurts. Forget Trey Wingo and those Twitter updates.
If you don't believe what anyone tells you then... I really think you answered your own question. I really don't know what I can say to help you other than "sorry man"

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA import gone this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
If you don't believe what anyone tells you then... I really think you answered your own question. I really don't know what I can say to help you other than "sorry man"
My point is that there's no reason for a explanation why they didn't do it. It just sucks that it happened.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
My point is that there's no reason for a explanation why they didn't do it. It just sucks that it happened.
Yes it does, but when deadlines are involved on a project this massive, sometimes things don't make the cut.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
They want to "add" it in the future is what Looman says?!?!?!

You don't take something away that is already there and then claim you are "adding" a new feature later on. Typical EA.

Take notes from MLB The Show series they only add features not take them away to "add" at a later date, and this is why MLB The Show is the best sports game franchise on the market.

One of the greatest features of moving your players on from NCAA to Madden is now gone, no worries they will "add" it later and sell it to you like it is new.
The things is, if they couldn't get the feature functioning like they wanted to they had 2 choices.

1. Include it, and everyone will complain about how it's still broken (possibly worse than it already was), including the continued complaining as each patch is released with no improvements to the feature. This will reflect poorly on Connected Careers as a whole.

2. Or remove it so it's not a blemish on Connected Careers with hopes to get it functioning properly and implemented in Madden 14 and just have to deal with people groaning about it being taken out in the meantime.

My guess is they figured they've made big enough strides in the other aspects of the game & modes that they didn't want a poorly integrated feature bringing down the quality of it all, so they took it out until it will work correctly. I know others may disagree, but that sounds completely reasonable to me.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #53
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I think I can possibly make more sense of why people are p*ssed.

Did we ask for twitter incorporation in any way? Did we absolutely need Chris Mortenson, Trey Wingo, Adam Schefter and other sports talking heads to be in the game? Do we seriously need whatever pop culture phenomena of media or social media to appear in the game? Do we need all of the little bells and whistles between playing the game of football with actual NFL players? NO.

THE game...any game...should be what makes it A GAME. The game in question is football. We've constantly been wanting a game that portrays the game of football correctly so that we can play a realistic game of football. We have NOT been wanting a game that simulates ESPN broadcasts or simulates a social media website. I don't want to play, Sportscenter The Sim Game. I just want to play NFL football. And part of football is the drafting of college players and building a team.

The reality is that they sure spent a whole lot of time on unimportant features that are in the tradition of football culture and part of broadcasting they all do....but they are not necessary for playing the actual game or making it more fun to play the game. They screwed up.

Last edited by cuttingteeth; 06-04-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: This sounds clearer.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #54
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0

This doesn't hurt my feelings any. Hardly ever used the feature, because it never really worked. It was cool to have the "real college players", but the ratings never transferred well.

Oh well.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I think I can possibly make more sense of why people are p*ssed.

Did we ask for twitter incorporation in any way? Did we absolutely need Chris Mortenson, Trey Wingo, Adam Schefter and other sports talking heads to be in the game? Do we seriously need whatever pop culture phenomena of media or social media to appear in the game? Do we need all of the little bells and whistles between playing the game of football with actual NFL players? NO.

THE game...any game...should be what makes it A GAME. The game in question is football. We've constantly been wanting a game that portrays the game of football correctly so that we can play a realistic game of football. We have NOT been wanting a game that simulates ESPN broadcasts or simulates a social media website. I don't want to play, Sportscenter The Sim Game. I just want to play NFL football. And part of football is the drafting of college players and building a team.
The majority of folks here asked for more immersion, more realism, more things to keep them involved. They got that and put it in there. I don't like it either, but I understand... It's not about ME... It's about WE as a community. Not everyone is gonna be happy with everything, but folks need to be show to step.away from their "wants" and look at what is best for everyone, I have had to do it for several year with online franchise.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 7

Support the game guys damn. They actually put in a real effort to deliver something with some depth and you guys want to nitpick? I for years bought both games solely for this but if they have to take it out in order to revamp it later then so be it. Josh Loomis already tweeted me and others that they have ideas in the works on how to revolutionize it for Connected Careers in the future. Support the game and the extras will come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »