Home

What about NCAA draft classes?

This is a discussion on What about NCAA draft classes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What about NCAA draft classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Let's not forget that Josh Looman never said "we don't care about NCAA draft classes." Does anyone not remember how borked they were last year? I stopped using my draft imports because of it. If getting them right means waiting one whole whopping year, big deal. Get it right, I say.

Or I suppose you guys could have messed up pads on draft imports again. Ya know, the problems that caused people to nerdrage.
I think this is what people aren't even wanting to comprehend. He emphatically stated, "they will be back, but not until they're done right". If they kept it in and it was broken, the whole "why put something broken into a new feature" argument would rear it's ugly head. But if they take it out and say it will be done right, it's a gamebreaker.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
If storylines makes playing the game of football better, I will be very surprised. Also, if NFL HC 09 was so great, why did it not keep going? It was flawed and boring when it came to actually playing football...and now...I fear the same thing is happening to Madden. I sure hope not, but filling the game full of reasons to talk about or listen to analysts talk about football instead of more features to make it fun PLAYING the game seems like it'll suck.
I wish we could use NCAA draft classes this year too but in the future this all could make ALL sports games better. Story lines will make franchises much more alive. Watching football on Sunday's is great but part of the fun is the drama that goes on between Sunday's and during off seasons. Now we get that experience in the video game and I think it will make the game much more addictive.
The reason why HC09 did not do so well was because the HC game before it was so horrible that not many people gave HC09 a chance. Madden 09 was terrible but HC09 was a brilliant pure football dream and now we are getting its greatness in Madden. It is a very good thing.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #19
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
Madden focused on making fantasy world instead of allowing us to have realistic NFL rosters.

If it's in the game...it might be in, next year.
Huh? Last time I checked Madden does have realistic NFL rosters. If you're referring to the imported players, I got news for you..........that's fantasy world too. Last time I checked, Matt Barkley wasn't in the NFL so I don't know how him being on a roster would make rosters realistic. You guys are upset over what is essentially the name of made up players. Those imported players aren't in the real NFL and technically, they aren't on NCAA either so what's the problem?

On paper, this is the biggest leap Madden Next Gen has ever taken from year to year, yet you guys are complaining about what is ultimately names of made up players. Really? Do you guys just do imported drafts and not play the games? How could you be upset over this after seeing what they're adding this year?

Now the 32 team control guys, I can understand their grief because EA has never been able to get cpu team AI correct, so I understand their need to control all 32 teams, but this complaint, I just don't understand this one. Let's all just rejoice in the fact that we may be able to play something that resembles football this year.

Last edited by splff3000; 06-05-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 13

I don't get the rage over this. Yeah, it's a bummer they couldn't fix all the issues this year so they're waiting, but come on people. After 2 seasons, most of the players in your NCAA draft classes aren't real either.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

Like I said, weekly updates seem to be gone, editing is way up in the air, 32 team control is gone.
we are gonna get pre season rosters and unless you are watching the NFL for the first time this year, you are aware, those are a far cry from what you are going to see throughout the year.
I may be wrong on some accounts, but from the info that I've gathered and my near 20 year history of playing Madden, all indications point to a very unrealistic NFL game this year with no way to correct it.

By the way, just because you are not interested in imported drafts, and think they don't matter, many people do. Please don't act like we are small because our interests are not like yours. If draft classes are useless to you, please move on to the next topic instead of arguing just for the sake of saying our opinions are not valid.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #22
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I never said I wasn't interested in draft classes. I just look at what else was added and can understand why it's not in there. I guess I'm just not a die-hard import guy like you guys. I don't know. It just doesn't seem as big of a deal as you guys make it out to be. Anyway, you're right, that's just my opinion and I will not comment on it further. We can't have Raiders vs Raiders arguing in here. Good luck to you guys on your quest to find some kind of work around for your issues.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #23
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Huh? Last time I checked Madden does have realistic NFL rosters. If you're referring to the imported players, I got news for you..........that's fantasy world too. Last time I checked, Matt Barkley wasn't in the NFL so I don't know how him being on a roster would make rosters realistic. You guys are upset over what is essentially the name of made up players. Those imported players aren't in the real NFL and technically, they aren't on NCAA either so what's the problem?
By the way, I'm in a M12 franchise right now with a DRAFTED Andrew Luck on the Colts, Tony Bergstrom (a 3rd rounder) on the Raiders as well as EVERY drafted player and many of the UDFAs on their teams. I am loving it. Having an awesome time because my rosters are 100% real and accurate. THESE ARE REAL, NOT PRETEND NFL ROSTERS. Argue that with me next year when you are drafting Bulk Hogan with the 1st pick.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all
Old 06-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #24

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gone-year.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »