Home

Madden Popular Questions....Answered!!

This is a discussion on Madden Popular Questions....Answered!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #65
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden Popular Questions....Answered!!

I have 1 more question, if I make a player do I get to deal with trades, cuts, and that kind of stuff or does the CPU do it for us?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #66
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Question regarding the screen shot of Kurt Warner coming out of retirement. Now I can believe Warner coming out of retirement, but please don't tell me that all the legends will be coming out of retirement unrealistically. I mean ok fine, Kurt Warner comes out of retirement, Favre comes out of retirement, but is it going to be too crazy where every legend is going to un-retire at some point?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #67
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3

How is scouting handled? Can we take prospects and do drills with them (like passing drills with QB's)?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
How is scouting handled? Can we take prospects and do drills with them (like passing drills with QB's)?
"Scouting has also become a much deeper part of the whole experience. With CC you are allocated a certain amount of scouting points each week that will allow you to slowly unlock attributes and ratings of college seniors throughout the season. You will also be able to follow storylines for players throughout the year leading up to the draft. This is not your typical Madden NFLdraft class however. There are a ton of variables this year that can impact any of the potential rookies all the way from week 1 of their senior year through the pro combine. Poor performance, injuries, decisions to play baseball, and other variables like these will impact the players you are scouting. There are no guarantees anymore when it comes to strategizing for the draft"
Old 06-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #69
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

good Q & A, answered 2 of my questions....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 06-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Question regarding the screen shot of Kurt Warner coming out of retirement. Now I can believe Warner coming out of retirement, but please don't tell me that all the legends will be coming out of retirement unrealistically. I mean ok fine, Kurt Warner comes out of retirement, Favre comes out of retirement, but is it going to be too crazy where every legend is going to un-retire at some point?
The screen and the ability of players and coaches to come out of retirement leads me to believe that yes, it will probably be too crazy.

But you can turn the legends off.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #71
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37

2) I guess this is more your opinion than fact but don't you think the Legacy Rating and XP system will lead to stat-whoring? It is already difficult enough as a commish to find enough owners that are interested in keeping sim-style stats and not rushing for 3000 yds etc. It seems that the system will reward stat-padders and the like.
This is the first thing that popped in my head when I saw that XP points will be given based on your performance in games. As a commish, I know exactly what you mean with trying to keep guys from stat padding and running up the score, especially against the cpu. I guess us commissioners are gonna have to get harder on running up the score and stat padding in these leagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
3) What new controls does the commish have? Sliders are in. Clearing/resetting game outcomes and stats might be in. I read in another thread the commish can play games for other owners, is that true? Is it possible that the commish has to approve a trade before its executed? Can the commish control FA, draft or depth charts for CPU teams? Is it possible to promote other owners to commish through the web?
Yes, answers to all of these please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

How does the game consider players in regards to schemes? They mention a swap from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense and the subsequent ranking drop... Is it safe to assume that offensively, the games recognizes the differences between a ZBS and a man-man blocking scheme? Also, for teams like the Redskins and Texans, is their a noticeable difference in athleticism of the OL in open space? Being that they're typically, more agile/quick linemen, they should be sufficiently faster to the edge and to the second level. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »